Magic Leap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

Sales Engineer

181 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Sunrise, FL) in Mar 2020

Interview

Three interviews with different parts of the organization, depending on what product team they expected to put you in. These were usually with one or two people at most, and were generally not technical, but technical questions did spill over from detailed discussion of your resume.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience working with robotics and mechatronics
    Answer Question

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

Unprofessional in the interview process. I did a coding interview with one of the senior enginee,rs who was really nice and helpful during the process, so the bad review is not directed towards the interviewer. The negative review is the interview process. I followed up regarding the results of the interview and soon after received one of the standard automated email rejections. At least have some decency to reply to an email.

Interview Questions
  • Two questions that are easy/medium level questions that you are likely to find on Leetcode. Questions asked were also about more details on my resume.
3 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Jan 2020

Interview

HR reached out fairly quickly and offered a date for the technical remote interview only one week away. On the other side of the technical interview was the local team leader. He's a nice guy, his questions were fair I would say, and the programming task would have been easy too. For the first half hour he asked questions from topics in Computer Vision with increasing difficulty. Starting with "How does a digital camera work?" progressing to SLAM, feature tracking, sensor fusion etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

I was interviewed twice, a very transparent process, they kept me updated all the time. I was hired as a contractor and then as an employee. The hiring analyst was very thorough and professional. The hiring manager knew exactly what was being asked for the job. In my opinion, they have a very complete hiring process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

This was a four to five person interview. It was a very straight forward process. Met with designers and non-designers. Asked to show work and answer/ask questions. Did this all remotely.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (New York, NY)

Interview

The first round was a phone call with the recruiter. Next, was a 45-minute video interview with an engineer. He was dumb af. He constantly kept asking me the same question about my research and I explained it to him every time he asked. I also referenced my published paper which has the details of the implementation. He wasted 35 minutes into convincing me that my published paper research is completely wrong because he was unable to comprehend, and asked me extremely redundant questions related to the published paper of my research. Finally, in the last 10 minutes of the call gave me a lengthy coding question of the leetcode level hard. He expected me to read + understand + code in 10minutes. This is unfair. After two days I get an email that I didn't make it to the next level. I still fail to understand what was the interviewer trying to accomplish. He was completely unfair.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

Interview was average, took around 2 months from the date of interview to the date of joining. The process was late. But there was no panel interview. The interview was smooth but took time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Oct 2019

Interview

I spoke, they listened. Two interviews, both remote. I was not asked anything technical, which seemed odd for a position that paid so well. I did do a very good job (in my opinion) of elaborating on my skill sets without prodding. Having said that, I got an offer but I did not get a job. I signed a piece of paper with a fantastic salary on it, but there was no start date. One day turned in to two, then months slipped by, all the while they promised I would be starting as soon as some budget situation was figured out, or as soon as some HR process was completed. After FOUR MONTHS they admitted they ran out of money and my position along with any other unfulfilled position was to be kicked down the road, possibly forever. I hope Magic Leap is successful, as I am a South Floridian and I root for the home team. They certainly could have been more professional with me. I almost lost my existing job, believing I had this new position starting any day.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your work history. Tell me about yourself. Describe technical projects you've worked on related to this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (San Jose, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interviewer asked about the personal information first, then some technical questions about design and some questions about resume. It took around 20 minutes for the tech questions and the last 10 minutes I proposed several questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dania Beach, FL

Application

I interviewed at Magic Leap (Dania Beach, FL)

Interview

It was a great process where you meet your supervisor and other members of the company. You have a phone screening and then you a 1 on 1 with multiple people.

Interview Questions
  • I am unable to respond as this varies per department as well as position. You are asked both job technicality as well as creative ones!
Viewing 21 - 30 of 163 Interviews