Magic Leap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

Sales Engineer

180 Comments

Join the conversation on

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Sep 2019

Interview

I went through several interviews. The first three were with recruiting. The fourth was with sales. They were not organized. The fourth interview the main contact never showed. I was told to contact recruiting. I found them to be unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Which department should training be a part of.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Miami, FL)

Interview

IT folks were OK and friendly but HR was thoroughly unprofessional and disorganized. Ad hoc interviews were scheduled with (very) junior staff who were arrogant and had 'some' attitude. After the interviews which I thought went really well, no one got back or responded to my emails...strange. Left a bad taste in my mouth. Another friend of mine had a similar experience....they said they would make an offer, but never followed up. Beware. A dodgy company with dodgy products.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle conflict resolution?
4 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

Applied through their website and got a recruiter call in Toronto. I told him that I am not willing to move to Florida and he disappeared after telling me they will arrange a tech screen. All their job postings (which is alot) here in Toronto are a lie. They are simply trolling for resumes through fake, possibly bate and switch job postings.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Aug 2019

Interview

Time from online application to first "they were interested" contact = 6 weeks. In-house recruiter screening 1 week later. Hiring mgr. Hang-out call set 1 week after, but mgr. was a no-show for that call. Rescheduled for following week and did happen this time. At end of this call, mgr. asks me to speak with more co-workers the following week, but since then BUPKIS !! It's been six weeks and position is still posted online.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with chaos in project requirements and goals?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Jun 2019

Interview

Quick call with recruiter, who set up a time to travel to their HQ. Well-organized travel and accommodation. A series of short interviews with multiple team members, all of whom were friendly and polite, but many of whom asked duplicate questions and did not really seem to know how to conduct an interview. Contacted recruiter 2 weeks after interview to check in. She said they had not discussed it yet and to contact them gain in 2 more weeks. I contacted her again 2 weeks later (now a month from on-site interview) and she said they wouldn't get around to it for several more weeks. At this point I withdrew my application figuring I could close another job faster.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

Applied online, recruiter contacted me by email. First recruiter screening call for around 20 minutes (not that many questions asked), then scheduled a google hangout technical interview for one hour with an engineer.

Interview Questions
  • One small negative point, the recruiter forgot to send an NDA. During the technical interview most of the questions were somewhat fair, however programming question was unfair to do in 10 minutes, deriving and implementing. Received a rejection email several days later. Not sure how some questions were supposed to be answered in the time allotted, seemed like the questions were very specific to the interviewer's knowledge rather than the general topics related to the position.

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

Coming from another VR/AR company with lots of relevant experience and education for the position. I can say I'm extremely disappointed at the lack of professionalism by Magic Leap's senior executive recruiter regarding the recruiting/hiring process. At the VR startup company I work in, we use the exact same Greenhouse tools to evaluate new applicants and respond to them with in 2 weeks if my company plans to move on or make an offer. My team uses Greenhouse tools evaluate candidates, and the HR/recruiter/talent director person will often remind my team to submit their evaluation, so we can keep the process moving. I applied for an engineering position at Magic Leap only to be left in limbo as to the status of my application for months once I gave the final interview. After going through two phone screenings, and an entire day in person interview meeting 6 people (with 2 video conf calls to Plantation, FL) . The entire process took about 3-4 weeks, but 3 months after emailing the recruiter and HR departments they couldn’t tell me if they have moved on or are still uncertain about the position. My experience with Magic Leap hiring process was frustrating and very unprofessional. Several emails were sent, but no updates whether is was a thumbs up or down for the position. The company will leave you in limbo forever. They don’t have the courtesy or professionalism. The reason I applied is because I felt they have an ambitious project with their headset and virtual human Mica. Something I was eager to be a part of and contribute to bring that vision into reality. My best advice would be to apply to other companies like Oculus/Facebook and Microsoft which are better funded long term.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Magic Leap (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2019

Interview

The interviewer is late first. Then ask questions. 1. Introduce you self. 2. Ask some non-technical questions. 3. General technical questions: IMU characteristics and calibration. 4. Fusion methods for IMU and vision sensors. It seems job description is not really important to them. Feel casual and not professional.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich, Zürich

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Zürich, Zürich) in Apr 2019

Interview

Some external recruiter contacted me after I applied. They explained that there will be a phone screen interview and an onsite interview. The phone interview was supposed to be a mix of research-related and coding questions. The interviewer was 15 minutes late to the interview, and, honestly, really incompetent. They did not give me any additional time (the 15 minutes lost because he was late). The questions were quite basic. I never heard back from anyone, even though I actively asked 3 times about the status of my interview. I think that no company has the right to treat candidates like this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Apr 2019

Interview

I applied to Magic leap at the end of February and my first day was in the beginning of May (so about a 2 month process). The structure of the interview process was fairly typical: recruiter screen, hiring manager screen, on-site with 6 interviews, and 2 following phone screens (cultural fit discussion and final hiring manager discussion). As a candidate, my main consideration is 'what kind of questions were asked' and I was super impressed with how thoughtful and impact-focused they were. I don't recall being asked any behavioral interview questions (tell me about a time...), fluffy questions, or oddball questions (brain teasers, etc.). This may vary from role to role obviously. A few things the process made clear to me: 1. Magic Leap has an incredible pool of applicants and they are very picky. During new hire orientation they shared with us the # of applicants and the # of hires and the percentage of making it to hire is very low. So a lot of people are probably frustrated because they didn't get the offer and were a very good fit (but not a great fit for some reason). 2. When you join ML, you are expected to perform and make an impact. There is nowhere to hide like at many larger companies. The questions for me were very hard hitting while being very focused on being successful in role. 3. This is still a startup! While the building is beautiful, the resumes of your interviewers are filled with big company experience, the teams are still scrappy and the 'talent acquisition' scaffolding is still being built. It is common for interviewers to need to reschedule, switch from an in-person to a Google Hangouts call, etc. So overall, the bar is pretty high! The company is growing by leaps and bounds (pun intended) and there's a lot of top talent being brought in.

Interview Questions
  • I don't recall many specific questions, but for my loop questions seemed to be bucketed into at least the following categories: 1. Cultural fit for Magic Leap (they have a set of 7 values they rate candidates on) 2. Understanding of role domain (BD in my case) 3. Market and competitive discussions 4. "Technical deep dive" (in my case a sufficient technical understanding of underlying technology) 5. Keys to success - do's, don't and key philosophies (in other words, the ability to apply logic towards helping ML grow in an ambiguous, nascent market).
Viewing 31 - 40 of 163 Interviews