Magic Leap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

Sales Engineer

180 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich, Zürich

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Zürich, Zürich) in Apr 2019

Interview

Some external recruiter contacted me after I applied. They explained that there will be a phone screen interview and an onsite interview. The phone interview was supposed to be a mix of research-related and coding questions. The interviewer was 15 minutes late to the interview, and, honestly, really incompetent. They did not give me any additional time (the 15 minutes lost because he was late). The questions were quite basic. I never heard back from anyone, even though I actively asked 3 times about the status of my interview. I think that no company has the right to treat candidates like this.

Interview Questions
  • Implement some basic computer vision algorithm in C++
    Answer Question

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

I got a referral from an employee and was contacted within a couple of days by a recruiter. Quick behavioral phone interview with recruiter followed by an in-depth hangout interview with the department manager. After that I was invited on-site were I completed a series of 6-7 interviews, finally receiving the offer a week after that. Great experience overall - very professional, very transparent and the interviews were a lot of fun! Obviously a great company.

Interview Questions
  • NDA - typical coding + code architecture Qs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fortaleza, Ceará, Ceará

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fortaleza, Ceará, Ceará) in Mar 2019

Interview

The video interview was with the internal recruiter at Magic Leap. She seemed disinterested and kept looking away. She also showed up 17 minutes late for the 30 minute interview and said that she had a hard stop. Not much time to talk. It was VERY unprofessional and I have never experienced anything like it before! I felt like my time was not important to her and she didn't care less about me. I don't understand why she set-up the interview with me in the first place? Very confusing and disappointing!!! No one should EVER feel this way in an interview!

7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Mar 2019

Interview

Overall, team was disorganized and confused about the process and what role I was interviewing for. They often didn't have my resume on hand and either showed up late or didn't show at all in some cases. I put entirely too much effort and time into the process. Asking a candidate to have 18 different interviews is ridiculous and I should have cut things off long before that. Things felt extremely chaotic there. I spoke with a handful of people who have friends who work there, and they told me to RUN. Good learning experience for me but also huge time suck.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Mar 2019

Interview

Most of the interviewers were great, asking thoughtful and relevant questions to measure your ability to think and solve problems. Some general background questions and some coding challenges. One interviewer was very interested in specific knowledge regarding a specific editor.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Mar 2019

Interview

Mainly nicely and quickly handled process. During the 2nd call I noticed that this job as it is was not for me but I decided to go through 3rd, 4th and 5th phone interview too. Worst thing was that one interviewer did not appear to the Hangouts call even I waited more than 20 minutes. He was 40mins late when he send me email can I call his US cell. I did even I called from Europe and the cost of the call was more than 80 USD. That part was bad experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in Mar 2019

Interview

My interview process was really positive, smooth, and took just 2 months! (Usually, it takes at least 4-5 months, I have been told) At first, I had a HR round which was a phone call, followed by 2-3 separate Google Hangouts with the hiring manager, and was then brought in for an in-person full-day interview to the Florida HQ. At the in-person round, I met 8-9 different people individually in 45min-1hr sessions and it ran from 9am-4pm. My interviewers, who are now my team mates, managers, and their superiors, were well prepared, polite, and very enthusiastic. If you are a designer like me, be prepared to do white-boards, brainstorm scenarios and experiences, explain your design process, and convey your passion and enthusiasm through previous work and job examples and stories. Essentially everyone here are mostly a mix breed of engineers, designers, concept- artists, and game developers, so prepare accordingly. My interview was definitely challenging, but also really fun and light! You will be expected to think on your feet, be put into not so comfortable design problems, and forced to think holistically. Tip: People here love movies, science fictions, comics references, stories, and all magical imaginations!

Interview Questions
  • Why Magic Leap? And what excites you about this opportunity?
  • Are you familiar with what Magic Leap is trying to do? (Hint- Don't say "No")
  • What is your opinion on the future of spatial computing?
  • Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a fellow colleague and how did you solve the issue?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Mar 2019

Interview

I got the massage through Linked in. he said if I have interested let do some conversation. and then got the video call interview. I thought interview was okay. because It was the team leader's interview and I got the call from recruiter and visa questionnaires. but there's no answer at all. I email and massage to interviewer and recruiter, but there's still no. I didn't get any status of my process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me who you are and why are you fit with this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 9 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview process to get an offer letter took more than six months and I was offered a lesser Manager position than what I applied for. I didn't sign the offer letter for the Manager position and let them know that I was only interested in the Director position that they already offered me and would only sign an offer letter for that position. Following that I was told by the hiring manager there was a hold for the position followed by my candidacy was not accepted which in total has taken 9 months to resolve. What resulted is despicable, unprofessional, illegal and an utter result of incompetence and idiocy mixed with lack of hubris. After returning from Plantation, FL which took a day and was a 1:1 series of in-person and online interviews told by the recruiter that they wanted to hire me for a Director role and my offer letter was going to be sent to me the week following. After more than a month of not hearing anything with no responses to my emails from the recruiter, I finally got a response and was told that that they wanted to offer me a Manager role and hire a Director to manage me. Mind you, I have leadership experience and was already offered the Director role and told I was being hired for it. The Hiring Manager when told this was extremely ashamed and really felt bad about what happened and said that because one of the (white) interviewers, who isn't even in the department I would have been a part of or has context with the role I was filling and the vertical I served, felt I was questionable, I was offered the lesser position.

Interview Questions
  • The interview questions were very benign, but when I gave an example of how I have served my previous clients, I was questioned by an interviewer on the validity of what I had stated. The interviewer had no context related to the industry I served or how business occurs in that industry.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Miami, FL) in Feb 2019

Interview

I have followed ML for some time, and have been excited about the potential opportunity. Applied for a Senior Project Manager role and immediately received a canned 'thank you' response. Nothing has ever followed nor a 'no thank you' or to schedule a meeting. Just silence. Similar experience as others have posted, when I did an interview for a Product Director role. HR was 'messy' and rescheduled twice. The interview seemed to go very well. Took about 2 more weeks for a 'not what we're looking for' response. The feedback was poor and eluded to an answer I gave that was exactly what they said they were looking for. I was confused. They wanted A and I replied in detail all my A's. The feedback said I replied B's. I honestly feel at this point this is not the place for me, a bunch of knuckleheads for the interviewing process. I am certain there is some talent there, for sure. But getting passed onto the non-knuckleheads seems futile.

Interview Questions
  • Something about Product Mangement 101
2 people found this interview helpful