Magic Leap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a phone screen with one of the recruiters. It went well but then she mysteriously disappeared, and there was no real follow up. The recruiting process seems very disjointed.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in February 2018.

Interview

I went through the interview process for a 1099 contractor role. I've had a very negative experience with the interview process and bowed out. They require 100% relocation to work onsite, refuse to do any onsite interviews (only remote interviews) so I could see what the work environment, product, and location is like. They don't cover for relocation or a sign on bonus, nor will they negotiate for a kill fee in the contract or severance. They pretty much are requiring candidates to take the job unseen and to invest their own time in exploring relocation to their location.

I never took it to the technical interview stages so I can't say what the process is like there or experiences from that. All I do know is the team wanted to move forward quickly and that I'd do a 3-4 hour interview then I'd get an offer from that if it went well.

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

I first had a couple calls with the recruiter to see how my skill set would fit in at the company. I then has a quick screening call that went well. They flew me into HQ in Florida for a day-long set of interviews with engineers from several teams that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a trick question about C++ virtual functions and asked where the runtime error was.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then thru Google Hangouts. I was told it would be an in-person interview but changed to video. The interviewer did not seem to be interested in speaking with me, I'm not quite sure why it was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Background, organizing large events, general admin type questions.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

After I applied. I was called by a recruiter and he set up the interview. I signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement. I had interviews with 5 different people throughout a whole morning. I have to say I received an excellent treatment. Once, I had my job offered I put my 2-week notice at my old work and I completed the background search process, submitted all my academic documents from college. I was very well informed about the following documents that I needed to submit, and also a very warm email welcome with details about my orientation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were probably different than traditional ones, they want to know about you as a human being.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

I applied through referral and got a call immediately 1 day after. i thought it was just an initial hr phone screen, but it seemed the guy calling me was a technical person, which i didnt know since he didnt introduce himself properly. i was not prepared at all, and was bombarded with technical questions right away. i felt like if i was aware of the technical interview happening, i would have passed the interview. instead, what i thought was an initial phone screen turned out to be a technical hiring manager test. sad, as i wouldve wanted to work for this company. :(

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

2 Google hangouts. Although interviewers were pleasant it was difficult to make any type of personal connection because all they do is ask you questions, barely any dialogue. Not a smart approach on their end considering they care about cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you completed an important time quickly and effectively.   Answer Question

Engineering Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, and it took a few weeks to set up a phone interview. The Interview itself went pretty okay, no difficult questions, Interviewer was very polite. I didn't hear back for a few weeks after when the recruiter called with an offer. The pay was pitiful compared to what an Engineer should be making. when I countered with a more reasonable salary amount, the offer was retracted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a coworker and how you handled it. A few more personality questions, and a few C++ related questions.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

Process was engaging and thorough. Received an email from the recruiter, followed by a 30 minute chat to determine I fully understood what the role entailed and my level of interest. Followup interviews were conducted via Google Hangouts with peers and CMO. Final interviews were conducted on site and all were prompt, professional and informative. The opportunities and challenges of the role were clearly discussed and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Give and example of a challenge that you overcome and one that you did not and share what you learned from each experience.   Answer Question

Developer Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in November 2017.

Interview

pretty relax on Hangout, pretty chill.
    First interview with team manger, and second one is screen shared code interview.
    I did well on first, but i screwed on the second due to my tooth infection.
    But the problems are easy. Each of them are about 40min to an hour.

Interview Questions

• The Tech interview is more hand-on situation.
      You have to explain some function to manager. It will see how you communication with others.
      The C++ concept is also really basic. Just asking what's preprocess   Answer Question