Magic Leap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

I first had a couple calls with the recruiter to see how my skill set would fit in at the company. I then has a quick screening call that went well. They flew me into HQ in Florida for a day-long set of interviews with engineers from several teams that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a trick question about C++ virtual functions and asked where the runtime error was.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

After I applied. I was called by a recruiter and he set up the interview. I signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement. I had interviews with 5 different people throughout a whole morning. I have to say I received an excellent treatment. Once, I had my job offered I put my 2-week notice at my old work and I completed the background search process, submitted all my academic documents from college. I was very well informed about the following documents that I needed to submit, and also a very warm email welcome with details about my orientation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were probably different than traditional ones, they want to know about you as a human being.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then thru Google Hangouts. I was told it would be an in-person interview but changed to video. The interviewer did not seem to be interested in speaking with me, I'm not quite sure why it was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Background, organizing large events, general admin type questions.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

2 Google hangouts. Although interviewers were pleasant it was difficult to make any type of personal connection because all they do is ask you questions, barely any dialogue. Not a smart approach on their end considering they care about cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you completed an important time quickly and effectively.   Answer Question

Engineering Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, and it took a few weeks to set up a phone interview. The Interview itself went pretty okay, no difficult questions, Interviewer was very polite. I didn't hear back for a few weeks after when the recruiter called with an offer. The pay was pitiful compared to what an Engineer should be making. when I countered with a more reasonable salary amount, the offer was retracted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a coworker and how you handled it. A few more personality questions, and a few C++ related questions.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

Process was engaging and thorough. Received an email from the recruiter, followed by a 30 minute chat to determine I fully understood what the role entailed and my level of interest. Followup interviews were conducted via Google Hangouts with peers and CMO. Final interviews were conducted on site and all were prompt, professional and informative. The opportunities and challenges of the role were clearly discussed and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Give and example of a challenge that you overcome and one that you did not and share what you learned from each experience.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dania Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Dania Beach, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Excellent. Recruiter was very helpful and engaged in the process. Was open to all my questions and concerns. All individuals who participated in the interview process were very nice and asked very fair questions nothing was a surprise or very difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• What was an example of a time you had to report bad news to management on a program you were managing and how could those issues have worked out to a better outcome?   2 Answers

Principal Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dania Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Dania Beach, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

There was no interview, Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and expressed interest in my background. Sent a response and talked, then sent a copy of my resume, Recruiter said they would get back to me, then a week later the same Recruiter contacted me again like it was the 1st time all over, I had to let them know we already spoke and asked if they had any updates, no response dropped like a bag of bricks.

Interview Questions

• "Did you work at Motorola in Plantation previously?"   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

The overall process has taken more than 2 months from the initial phone interview to getting feedback.

The interview process had a few telephone round interviews, some google hang-outs and in person interviews.

The company is really good at interview set-up, taking care of the candidates, informing of the interview process. Interview was very chill mostly about prior experiences about product development.

I felt like the interview process leading up to the in person was very fast. But then the terrible silence started without any feedback from the hiring team. Initially I was told that I would know the feedback in a week, then two more weeks. After that I got an update that they are interviewing few more candidates and need more time. Then after I got the feedback that the hiring manager was out of town. The recruiter promised that they would get back to me. Then almost for a week there is radio silence.

My feeback to the recruiting team is to fair and be communicative to the candidates. If you are giving some timelines, please follow-up on your word. Do not leave candidates in utter silence.

Interview Questions

• Cannot reveal due to NDA policies, but mostly about background.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL).

Interview

The process took one month from initial interview to offer. It was a relatively quick and thoughtful experience. Even when there were no updates to share during a few days stretch, recruiting reached out to let me know just that — there was no news yet. I appreciate that level of consideration and awareness for applicants.