Magic Leap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Magic Leap

2.9

Sort:

Manager Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen followed by 2 phone interviews.
    I never heard back from the company after my phone interviews. After a couple of weeks I contacted the recruiter for status (good or bad) ... they ignored my email and I never heard back from the company.

I will say ... one of the interviews was with someone who would be my peer. Based on their LinkedIn profile, I feel that I have a much stronger background ... so perhaps they feared competition?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in July 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen with an HR representative and 3 video (Google Hangouts) interviews with different members of the engineering team that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to apply to Magic Leap and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Discuss microphone configuration technique(s) would allow for spatial selectivity of a desired input signal.   Answer Question
    • Discuss your knowledge and experience with multi-domain modeling techniques.   Answer Question

DC Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in July 2018.

Interview

The interviewer couldn't answer any of my questions. I feel so dumb for being excited for this. There's no way the interviewer was able to assess my abilities, regardless on if I was qualified for the job. But he didn't care because he had a 5:30 meeting to get to. I've never had an interview like this. It was a really strange interview. I think he had his mind made up before it started.

Glassdoor comments are almost spot on, the interview process is quite ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• "Do you work with like, computer chips and stuff in your circuits?"   1 Answer

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magic Leap in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Magic Leap careers website.
    Got a call from a Recruiter. The recruiter set up an interview with one of the members of the computer vision Tech team.
    Had a Video screening. Was asked about my computer vision background. The main focus of the interview was to test c++ skills. It was a very positive experience overall.

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magic Leap in October 2017.

Interview

Made an phone interview appointment with a recruiter. But I receive no call at the appointed time. Later I sent an email ask if there will be a reschedule or not, got no response for weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Video call screening from the manager, nice chatting. Then was invited onsite, talked to three engineers in total, nice people. They gave me an oral offer, but after I laid out my desires for an offer, they took the offer back. :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

HR background check, OA, then a technical phone interview and then onsite interviews. No hard questions, just like medium questions on Leetcode. But the whole process took a relative long time.

Computer Vision Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap.

Interview

2 Phone screenings and then an onsite. They originally wanted to hire me for a more research based role but based on my preferences, they swapped out the last two interviewers for more software based.

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Was overall fair. Learn your computation geometry. All of the employees were very proud of their product and the company's likelihood of success. Software group in Mountain View, hardware group in Hollywood, FL. Know everything geometry you can find. Compression of geometric objects also good.

Lead Software Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Magic Leap in March 2016.

Interview

The previous "absolute mess" description sums it up. I started with a technical interview and then a one on one with a peer. Both went well and then I was turned over to the recruiter for the company. I was told to wait and simple questions were ignored with the occasional "working on it" response. I've been pinging back and forth with no end in site. I've been waiting for next steps for 10 weeks now after two good interviews that seemed to go well.

There is a lot of buzz around the tech so maybe they are swamped but simple etiquette and a friendly "we're not that into you" would help.