Magic Leap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

Recruiter16%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via linkedin. Progressed through initial phone screen and two more technical video interviews, and was eventually flown out to FL HQ for an interview with the team. The entire process took a bit over 6 weeks, largely because the recruiter disappeared and did not follow up when he said he would on at least two occasions. They were nice enough to organize the flight out, car rental, hotel and meals. Unfortunately, by the end I had been interviewed by 11 different people and I ended up with a rather negative impression of the people on the team. The level of indifference and arrogance was a major turn off for me. While some interviewers seemed truly interested in interviewing and hiring someone for their team, a good number of them, including the manager, surprisingly showed little to no interest in the process. Body language (ie looking off at other things as I answered, or continually looking at their phone/laptop "Uh huh... Uh huh...") made it fairly clear they did not care to be there and that interviewing was seen as an inconvenience. One of the interviewers, in particular, was very bad at interviewing. He asked unclear questions and had wrong information about some of the systems he was interviewing me about. At the same time, he was arrogant enough that after politely pointing out his mistake twice, I did not want to push things further. Especially not in the context of an interview. I hope he eventually figured things out. So, definitely not a good personality fit. I had the impression of a company that creates disengaged employees that are too busy to care about their team, or the company, outside of the possibility of a public offering. By the time I returned home from HQ and received the recruiter's call, I knew it was not the place for me.

Interview Questions
  • Covered by NDA, but otherwise nothing unusual.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL)

Interview

Interview process consisted of a series of Google Hangouts with members of the team from various offices, and then they flew me in for full day on-site interview in Plantation.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

180 Comments

Join the conversation on

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Sep 2018

Interview

I had 2 Google hangout interviews and then went for on-site interviews in Magic Leap HQ in Plantation, FL where I had another 7-8 interviews. I enjoyed the interviews. The interviewers were all great and smart people, and everything seemed very professional up to the end of interviews. After I came back home from Florida it only took my recruiter 2 days to call me back and give me an offer. I was surprised because I read here that the hiring process is very slow at Magic Leap, and the hiring manager for the position I interviewed for also said the same during my interview with him. So the recruiter gave me all the numbers that I will see in the offer letter, and she even sent me their benefits pamphlet. Everything looked good and I decided to accept the offer. I also completed a background check she sent me the week after that. So everything was looking fine and I even cancelled 2 other interviews that I was in the middle of because I knew even if I get offers from the other 2 companies I'd go for this position at ML since I liked the team a lot and thought I'd be a great fit there. But the weird stuff started after this. I didn't hear back from the recruiter after the background check for 2 weeks or so. She didn't even respond to my emails. Then, I received a call from another recruiter asking about a non-compete agreement I have signed with my current company. I had actually signed a non-compete agreement but that agreement specifically said that it is only enforceable if I join a team that is competing directly with my current team. That wasn't true in my case. What my current team was doing was completely different from the position I got offered at ML and it wasn't remotely related. Finally, after 2 months of wasting my time, they sent me an email saying they decided to withdraw the offer. It was the worst experience I have ever had with the recruiting team of a company. They never really told me why exactly they decided to withdraw the offer when the non-compete was not enforceable in my case (I asked them this question more than 10 times). It was absolutely unprofessional and I really hope Magic Leap rethinks its recruiting strategy if it wants to compete in this industry.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Sep 2018

Interview

Got interviewed by about 8 people (phone, google hangout, personal). None of them had any information regarding previous interviews. None of them seem to care. Questions were often unrelated to the position and at the end it comes down to luck.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function for colliding spheres
  • Whats the difference between heap and stack?

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Sep 2018

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview. Takes several weeks to complete, they will fly you out to HQ in Plantation where you will meet several key members of marketing department and interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Sunnyvale, CA) in Sep 2018

Interview

Not good. Passed several interview cycles. Some of them last more than hour long so I need to ask to quit to not get late for other tasks. This happened twice so they give me no chance to pass after you are asking to finish as it took 1.5 hours instead of 1. Not professional behavior.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL)

Interview

Had 1 HR interview in the beginning. This was followed by 2 interviews with team members getting to know me better(projects, work experience, etc.) and 1 technical interview - all on Google Hangouts Video

Interview Questions
  • Very basic programming questions - study well and you should be fine. They want to know that you can understand the question and come up with optimal answers quickly.

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

I had two rounds of video interviews: one with a software engineer with the team that I applied for and another with the manager of the team. The first interview was a coding interview that lasted about an hour. I was asked a coding question that had to do with data structures. The second interview was more holistic. I was asked about the projects I have done in the past and got to learn more about the company.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

Applied online, and never heard back. Tried reaching out a week later for updates and never received a response. Another week later, a former colleague's contact referred me to an internal ML recruiter in a different department who attempted to help. Even with that recruiter's best efforts, it seems the rep for the UX department never got around to looking at my application or getting back to me. Shame, I hear great things about ML but their recruiting (UX) department is known to drop the ball.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Sunnyvale, CA) in Aug 2018

Interview

Initial contact from a recruiter, then a drawn-out process of video 1-1 interviews over several weeks, including coding tests. In spite of having signed NDA, it was difficult for me to find out much about the specifics of the role. Several large unexplained delays in the process, and generally poor communication. There was a general push to come onboard as a contractor rather than employee, and this saw most of the non-salary benefits taken off the table. Finally received an offer which was far below the range initially discussed with the recruiter and after waiting fruitlessly for weeks for them to consider improving it, I moved on.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly standard pre-prepared questions. Very little directly enquiring about me as a candidate, and I would guess that several of the interviewers hadn't even looked at my CV. Coding tests included coding on image processing algorithms relevant to the role.
Viewing 71 - 80 of 163 Interviews