Magic Leap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 163 of over 163 interviews

Recruiter16%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL)

Interview

The process took one month from initial interview to offer. It was a relatively quick and thoughtful experience. Even when there were no updates to share during a few days stretch, recruiting reached out to let me know just that — there was no news yet. I appreciate that level of consideration and awareness for applicants.

Interview Questions
  • NDA
    1 Answer
4 people found this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

The processes began with 2x Google Hangout questions. Fairly simple programming questions, think basic brain teasers and simple games. After this there was an onsite interview with 4x technical interviews and 1 lunch interview. The technical interviews ran the gamut from basic questions you would find in CtCI, to dynamic programing, to pure math. The difficulty of these questions is going to 100% be dependent upon you interviewer. After this I got an offer that week. The whole process took maybe a month, but some of that was due to scheduling conflicts.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

180 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Jul 2018

Interview

After I applied. I was called by a recruiter and he set up the interview. I signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement. I had interviews with 5 different people throughout a whole morning. I have to say I received an excellent treatment. Once, I had my job offered I put my 2-week notice at my old work and I completed the background search process, submitted all my academic documents from college. I was very well informed about the following documents that I needed to submit, and also a very warm email welcome with details about my orientation.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were probably different than traditional ones, they want to know about you as a human being.

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Jul 2018

Interview

Process was engaging and thorough. Received an email from the recruiter, followed by a 30 minute chat to determine I fully understood what the role entailed and my level of interest. Followup interviews were conducted via Google Hangouts with peers and CMO. Final interviews were conducted on site and all were prompt, professional and informative. The opportunities and challenges of the role were clearly discussed and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • Give and example of a challenge that you overcome and one that you did not and share what you learned from each experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in Jul 2018

Interview

The overall process has taken more than 2 months from the initial phone interview to getting feedback. The interview process had a few telephone round interviews, some google hang-outs and in person interviews. The company is really good at interview set-up, taking care of the candidates, informing of the interview process. Interview was very chill mostly about prior experiences about product development. I felt like the interview process leading up to the in person was very fast. But then the terrible silence started without any feedback from the hiring team. Initially I was told that I would know the feedback in a week, then two more weeks. After that I got an update that they are interviewing few more candidates and need more time. Then after I got the feedback that the hiring manager was out of town. The recruiter promised that they would get back to me. Then almost for a week there is radio silence. My feeback to the recruiting team is to fair and be communicative to the candidates. If you are giving some timelines, please follow-up on your word. Do not leave candidates in utter silence.

Interview Questions
  • Cannot reveal due to NDA policies, but mostly about background.

Magic Leap

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Jul 2018

Interview

One phone interview. The interviewer was well prepared and asked a lot. Asked about my research experience and how I would apply my research to their engineering problems. The whole process was enjoyable as the interviewer was very polite.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my research experience and how I would apply my research to their engineering problems.

Magic Leap

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap in Jul 2018

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen with an HR representative and 3 video (Google Hangouts) interviews with different members of the engineering team that I would be working with.

Interview Questions
  • What drew you to apply to Magic Leap and why do you want to work here?
  • Discuss microphone configuration technique(s) would allow for spatial selectivity of a desired input signal.
  • Discuss your knowledge and experience with multi-domain modeling techniques.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Jul 2018

Interview

The interviewer couldn't answer any of my questions. I feel so dumb for being excited for this. There's no way the interviewer was able to assess my abilities, regardless on if I was qualified for the job. But he didn't care because he had a 5:30 meeting to get to. I've never had an interview like this. It was a really strange interview. I think he had his mind made up before it started. Glassdoor comments are almost spot on, the interview process is quite ridiculous.

Interview Questions
  • "Do you work with like, computer chips and stuff in your circuits?"
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Magic Leap

Application

I interviewed at Magic Leap

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received a call about a month later. The person who called wanted to know if I was still available, verified that my resume was current, and asked when I could be available for a telephone screening. I was never contacted after the initial call and consider the HR Department to be poorly run. I am glad not to be a part of such a department because I doubt I would be given the opportunity to improve anything.

Interview Questions
  • If I was still available if offered a position.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Magic Leap (Plantation, FL) in Jun 2018

Interview

The interview process is lengthy however, they are seeking top talent for their teams. Candidates are pre-screened first and then scheduled for a video interview with a manager. If that goes well, candidates are invited onsite to meet with several managers - this process takes a minimum of 3 hours.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 81 - 90 of 163 Interviews