Mahindra Trainee Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.5

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mahindra in May 2017.

Interview

Aptitude test- core and aptitude questions 90 min exam all portions were covered . Online test by cocubes. 90 questions.
Psychometric test- situation based exam 15 questions.
Telephone interview-basic questions about personality and education

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mahindra

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mahindra in February 2011.

good

Trainee Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mahindra in August 2010.

Interview

First we had a company presentation. We were told about the roles they were offering. The roles were -
    (a) R&D (b) Manufacturing (c) Marketing

Hiring: 3 Stages
    1. A test consisting of technical, logical and verbal ability based questions. Also there were some questions related to farm and automobile sector.

2. Group Discussion & Personality Test - Approx. 2 hrs. were given to a group of students. We were then asked to decide ourselves what we wanted to do in these 2 hrs. As of us, we had a "tell us about yourself" session for all students of the group. Then 2-3 group discussions. Topic of 1st was something like " A pink pyajama is found lying over red fort" pretty famous topic in MBA college's GDPIs. 2nd was chosen by us - it was Commonwealth Games were good or bad something something... (dont remember the complete topic)". Then all of us were asked to chose two best guys in the group according to today's session and the reasons for it. We were also asked to tell the role which we want to opt for.

3. Interview
    Was held 2-3 days after GDPI session. In-between we were given a form which was to be filled and to be brought up for the interview. ( Fill this form seriously as this becomes the basis for your interview). The form had questions related to achievements, aspirations etc.
    As I chose R&D as the role, my interview was completely technical. Being a student of Mechanical Engineering, I was asked questions related to all many of my core subjects ( strength of materials, machine design, fluids and fluid machines, automobile working, IC engines, metallurgy etc.) Questions were generally basic ones so keep your basics right. They may ask you the subject you like. Though in my case they started asking which all subjects I had studied and then asked questions from them.
    Experience in college car projects is a big positive.
    Interview was around 30 min. as much as I remember but the guys taking it were cool and even helped me in one question I was going the wrong way.

Be at presentation, and interview place on time. One of my friends was rejected because he got late for the interview process.
    Later in the end result was announced.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Complete power production and transmitting it to wheel. IC engine curves and their explanations.   1 Answer