Mailchimp Customer Support Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mailchimp Customer Support Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Mailchimp

3.2

Customer Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp.

Interview

The interview was a great experience. It were two sessions and both sets were very enlightening. I felt comfortable being myself and our talk really helped to understand the job better.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mailchimp

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was with two sets of managers, 30 minutes each. The standard fare questions that nobody has a real answer for during the interview but then could give a thesis on them afterwards. All in all, it was a good interview once the jitters went away. The entire staff was well relaxed and carefree.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to deliver bad news to a client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiations, i asked for one amount and they said no, it starts here instead, with this much after this many months, and another increase following performance reviews. But hey, they have free benefits, its ok.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I hate to give a negative rating because initially I was impressed. I was contacted less than 24 hours after applying. I had a 25-30 minute phone interview within about a week and then was asked to do a 40 minute computer assessment. The next step was an interview at MailChimp HQ. I'd done my research and walked in feeling that I had a decent idea of the company and their expectations for the position. I met with 2 managers for 30 minutes and then 2 more managers for the next 30 minutes. The first meeting went well and felt like a professional conversation among 3 people. The second meeting dipped below my expectations as the managers were running late and, while they did apologize, it felt like we were in a hurry the entire time. They tossed a barrage of questions at me in robot-like fashion. When they allowed me to ask a question at the end, there was an attempt at an answer but my question was misunderstood. I didn't attempt to clarify at that point because they were in a rush to get on to the next interview. I believe some comprehension and time management issues might have been present in this situation. Sadly, I walked out more confused about the goals of the company and the position than I had been when I'd walked in. I've never had this happen in an interview before. I'd heard such good things about MailChimp so this was a disconcerting and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to relay bad news to a customer.   Answer Question

Mailchimp Response

May 4, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback on your interview experience and we apologize that you left disappointed. We will make sure to share your experience with the Customer Support team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Process was average like other places I applied.The experience was cool, just didn't appreciate how talent was during it. When you send an email, you'd think you'd get a response back to know that it was received but there didn't seem to be any humanity in the responses. the recruiter wasn't empathetic in emails or over the phone, sounded rushed a bit. Communication/empathy could be taught in a better way in how the talent here talks to people and responds. Other than that, it was pretty typical stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

Quick, friendly and extremely personable! A real pleasure. The standard steps outlined in other reviews applied: tech test, phone screen, then in person and background check. Overall the process was awesome and the recruiting team definitely has their ducks in a row. At no point did I fee out of the loop or uninformed. Great process that has me extremely excited for the future

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was all very quick. I applied online and within a few days I was asked to take an online exam. After that I got a phone interview and a face to face a few days after. Really wonderful people and experience!

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do when you aren't working?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to speak with a supervisor about an error you made.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Mableton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Mableton, GA).

Interview

I applied online and received word that they were interested in starting the process. Before having a phone interview I was given an online test of sorts to answer real life scenarios that have happened in this department. It is timed and isn't pass or fail, they just want to see how you respond in these scenarios. I think I made it through 4 out of 5 questions.

That must've went well because I had a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter and it was very conversational. I got a good grasp of what the position was and was told that I will hear back soon if I was scheduled for a face to face.

To my excitement I was called on for the face to face and met with 3 managers from the team. Everyone was super welcoming and friendly and really asked thought provoking questions. Mind you they didn't ask any of the typical questions I was prepared for, which was a nice change and I left feeling somewhat unsure of myself having to think off the cuff. I was walked out and told if I was selected I would hear within 2 business days and they actually kept their word which is a much needed relief from incompetent recruiters I've dealt with in the past. All in all it was a very fast and amazing process. They really have their ducks in a row and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to walk someone through a process they were unsure of?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable. Standard starting salary with future performance based increase.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the opening online then received an email with a link to an online skills assessment exam. After the exam, I was contacted via email for a phone screen then invited for an in-person panel-type interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deliver difficult news to a customer; how did you handle it and what was the customer's response?   Answer Question

Customer Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp.

Interview

First, you're sent a tech test where you are given links to their knowledge base & style guide and have to answer customer-based scenarios with a given set of time. Then comes the phone screening with a recruiter, and if you make it past that, you're brought in for an in-person interview with several managers within the Customer Support team.

Initially, the recruiter told me I'd be contacted within a matter of days, but when I wasn't, I knew I didn't get the job (based on other companies who contacted me immediately with an offer). I just don't like how it was an automated "thanks but sorry" email instead of something more personal since they took their and my time to go through the complete interview process, it felt very impersonal after getting through several stages & getting to know the recruiter & team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • What would be an advantage of having you on our team? What would be a disadvantage?   Answer Question

Customer Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mailchimp in March 2017.

Interview

Great interview process, possibly the best interview experience I've had so far. Recruiter was friendly and personable throughout the entire process, always making sure I asked all the questions I needed to, and it moved along quickly.

Applied online, contacted the next day to take a tech test. You have 50 minutes to take the test online, basically support type questions that you may encounter if you were to get the job. You can use the Mailchimp Knowledge Base to answer them. Was contacted 2 days later to set up a phone interview. After that I was invited into the office where I interviewed with 3 managers from the support team. Was called the same day with an offer.

Was a tough decision to turn it down, especially with how friendly everyone I met was but it just wasn't the best choice for me at the time. Thanks so much for making the process enjoyable and shoutout to Josh for being a great recruiter to work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it   Answer Question