Mailchimp Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

0.0

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in November 2018.

Interview

This review is for the unfortunate experience I have had in interviewing once, and my subsequent applications since. I had the amazing opportunity to be selected for an initial phone interview about 7 months ago, which led to an in-person interview. After completing the in-person interview, I was disappointed to learn I would not be interviewing with my potential department, team or even HR, but with potential peers/co-workers. I left feeling as though I was not asked work related interview questions regarding my skills, qualifications, work habits and why I was good fit for the position, but more so based on my personality and personal life. I shrugged it off as I did get the impression that MailChimp had a unique office environment, and there was definitely a "vibe", but the research I had done on the company as well as the incredible employee benefits I knew it was a company I wanted to represent and be a part of. I was informed weeks later that I was not found to be exactly what they were looking for in that particular role, and I understood as it was in fact a step backward in my career. I was invited to keep an eye out for future roles I qualified for, and to apply in the future. I have over 12 years experience in my field, I am very qualified and know that my previous employers would provide glowing reviews, however I have since applied multiple times for an opening role that fits my qualifications, as well as my title, yet I am immediately sent a "thanks, but no thanks" email. I am left to feel at this point that I am being disregarded based on one of the potential peers I interviewed with initially, as opposed to my qualifications, motivation and ability to excel in this position, and preform at a top level for my potential department, and department head. It is very disheartening that knowing I am qualified for the role, but not being given an opportunity to be considered based on one employee's biased impression of meeting with me once.