Mailchimp Sr. Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mailchimp

1 Interview Review

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online through their website. Was contacted by a recruiter via email then set up a call with the recruiter to talk about MailChimp my background.

After that, a phone screen with a software engineering manager mostly about my background and what I was looking for in a new position.

After following up with the recruiters, two weeks later was scheduled to have a face to face interview and send an example of code that I wrote that made me proud. The itinerary consisted of three one hour panels with engineers of various levels, quality assurance, and senior management. One panel was about the code sample, and the other two panels were lots of behavioral questions and giving concrete examples of various scenarios.

All of the recruiters and people I interviewed with were very pleasant, helpful, friendly, and all genuinely seemed to love working at MailChimp. The interview was not intimidating like these interviews can get, was really laid back, and thought-provoking.

Did not get an offer, but I'll try again at a later date when I have more concrete examples & work experience mentoring younger developers. I believe that is what they are looking for in a Sr. Software Engineer.

I would definitely want to work at MailChimp based on my experience.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about team related scenarios, architectural, approaches to development, mentoring, and system-wide decision making. They really want to know how you think and work with others.   Answer Question