Mailchimp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mailchimp Interview Questions

Interviews at Mailchimp

2.8

Customer Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp.

Interview

First, you're sent a tech test where you are given links to their knowledge base & style guide and have to answer customer-based scenarios with a given set of time. Then comes the phone screening with a recruiter, and if you make it past that, you're brought in for an in-person interview with several managers within the Customer Support team.

Initially, the recruiter told me I'd be contacted within a matter of days, but when I wasn't, I knew I didn't get the job (based on other companies who contacted me immediately with an offer). I just don't like how it was an automated "thanks but sorry" email instead of something more personal since they took their and my time to go through the complete interview process, it felt very impersonal after getting through several stages & getting to know the recruiter & team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • What would be an advantage of having you on our team? What would be a disadvantage?   Answer Question

Customer Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mailchimp in March 2017.

Interview

Great interview process, possibly the best interview experience I've had so far. Recruiter was friendly and personable throughout the entire process, always making sure I asked all the questions I needed to, and it moved along quickly.

Applied online, contacted the next day to take a tech test. You have 50 minutes to take the test online, basically support type questions that you may encounter if you were to get the job. You can use the Mailchimp Knowledge Base to answer them. Was contacted 2 days later to set up a phone interview. After that I was invited into the office where I interviewed with 3 managers from the support team. Was called the same day with an offer.

Was a tough decision to turn it down, especially with how friendly everyone I met was but it just wasn't the best choice for me at the time. Thanks so much for making the process enjoyable and shoutout to Josh for being a great recruiter to work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled it   Answer Question

Customer Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mailchimp in July 2015.

Interview

They first begin their interviewing process by selecting those they're interesting in from the application submissions for a phone interview. If all goes well, they will contact you within a week to schedule for a face-to-face interview. If you've hit home run with the face-to-face, they will contact you with a job offer. It took almost a month in a half to get an email about the phone interview since the application submission. It could take another month to even get a job offer. It takes patience to finish this process.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the next 10 years?   1 Answer
    • What got you interested in the Customer Tech Support position?   1 Answer

Workforce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

The initial phone screen and interview went well. I was invited to their HQ for an in-person meeting with three other managers. We talked through a number of scenarios and went into detail regarding the vision for the organization. Instead of being overly formal, I decided to "be myself" given the relatively laid-back culture that the leadership group projected. We ended up going over our scheduled interview time by about 15 minutes, so I'm not sure if that was the reason why I wasn't selected. Since most of the employees were fairly young, I wondered if my age played a role in not getting the job. Regardless of the outcome, I greatly enjoyed my time interviewing with MailChimp and would jump at the opportunity to work for them in the future.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult challenge you faced as a leader?   1 Answer

User Experience Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp.

Interview

Interview process took about 4 weeks. Applied online. Recruiter called me and invited me in the office. Had two interviews with ux team. One was with a ux developer. The next was with a lead ux designer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp in December 2015.

Interview

I received an email about a week or two after applying on their website. I was invited for a phone screen that lasted about 20 minutes. It was a bit opaque as I wasn't really given any feedback as to what they wanted from the position. I received an email about a week later informing me that I was passed up for the position.

Data Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was via phone and overall was pleasant. I offered links to supporting websites containing examples of my work so the HR person could refer to them as the interview proceeded. The HR person was polite and although it was not what I would consider to be a technical interview, (well a deep one anyway), we still covered a lot of ground about what the job entailed and required. The interview was positive and from my point of view seemed as if it was going quite well - the HR person described scenarios and I was able to articulate approaches to solving those problems in a general sense. While the experience was positive and the company seemed to be quite interested in proceeding to the next step it all came to a grinding halt when the HR person indicated the salary range for the position which was A LOT lower than the job I currently occupy (doing similar things).

Unless I massively misunderstood the nature of the work (a Data Science job) I think their range was low. I suppose they might be thinking that it was an entry to intermediate position although it wasn't articulated to me that way. It seemed like they wanted someone well versed in languages like R, Python, Excel, SQL and capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously (I'm a researcher - I do all of the above and more) . So - I'm not sure where the disconnect was. Put another way - I've been interviewing with a number of area companies (Atlanta) for Data Science positions and the salaries are much more in line with (if not more than) what I currently make so I'm not sure why they are coming in comparatively low. Again, this assumes that I understood what it was they were wanting. I do think that the company probably does do some interesting things so I would encourage others to look at them as a potential employer. Just consider that if you are an "established" or older worker and make over a certain amount then you might have to make some allowances. From my personal research on the company it does seem that their workforce is young so you should also take this into account.

Interview Questions

• The HR person discussed general job responsibilities and posed questions about my knowledge of things like SQL and various Data Science tools although we didn't get into specific technical depth.   1 Answer

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The entire process was incredibly quick; after submitting my resume, I got a response within a day and was set up for interviews shortly thereafter. I went through a phone screen with a recruiter as well as an interview with the potential supervisor. Both staff members were incredibly nice, welcoming, and happy to chat about both the position and the company. A really nice process, despite the fact that it didn't work out in the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were given a project that wasn't fully defined, and how did you handle that? What was the result?   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

1st interview via phone; 2nd 1 on 1 (with 1 person); 3rd 1 on 1 (with 3 different people).... This followed by reference checks (via online/email survey system), and background check..

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty typical interview questions; how do you deal with stressful situations?, what is a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?... Quite a few, tell us of a time where you "xyz".... The original application is different as it ask you to answer how you would solve a customer issue, and explain how to make a peanut butter sandwich :)   1 Answer

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

MailChimp had events at several local coffee shops to meet individuals who were interested in working at the company. This was a low key way to find out more about the company and connect with someone who worked there.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work at night?   1 Answer