Mailchimp Tech Support Geek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mailchimp Tech Support Geek Interview Questions

Interviews at Mailchimp

3.3

Tech-Support Geek Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp.

Interview

Very awkward. They have meet-and-greets at local coffee shops where you have a pseudo-interview that they claim isn't a real interview. I would recommend if you go to one, apply AHEAD of time so they can look your info up. Do not bother to dress formally or even bring anything physical. Then, you wait a while (2 weeks usually) and they email you back. They are famous for their rejection emails, so they will email you either way. If you get the interview, go in dressed casually and be yourself as much as you can. They're pretty awkward and rigid (the people interviewing you) and you will meet the owner as well and he will interview you. They'll stress multiple times for you to notice that they've 'dressed up' to meet you (i.e., a checkered button up and jeans...maybe). I got interviewed by 3 people and only felt like one was personable enough to connect with. Then, they'll take a little bit to get back to you on whether you got the job or not. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Can you see that I've dressed up for you today?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mailchimp

Tech Support Geek Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

First I applied online. Then I went to a Meet and Greet at a coffee shop. When I met someone there, she said they were already going to interview me, so to go home and wait for an email. I waited a week and didn't hear anything. so I emailed her. She let me schedule an interview online for about a week in the future. When I went in, I met with a recruiter-type person for a while, then with a manager, and then I took a test. They then asked for my background info and reference contacts.

Interview Questions

• None were really difficult, and they actually didn't really ask me anything!   Answer Question

Tech Support Geek Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mailchimp (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with some recruiters initially at one of their satellite meetups advertised via social media. The recruiter informed me that they are in a heavy hiring process and looking to hire upwards of 14 people a month I think. The initial sitdown with him went well and we just talked about my qualifications, resume and past work history and then he noted that I go online to actually apply. The online application is kind of odd, It's for a tech support so you'll need to answer a few questions like "How to make a peanut butter & Jelly Sandwich" which to me, just signified they want to see how well you explain things via typing. It'll ask you why you are interested in the position and ask you to answer a few fun questions like "What don't we know about you that is interesting". After you finish the online application they'll follow up with you if you "passed" the online evaluation and schedule an interview.

They are interviewing a LOT of people to ramp up their tech support team so You'll need to schedule your own interview through a scheduling application they use. I had to schedule my interview more than a month in advance!!!! A week before the date came around a rep from the company sent an email to follow up on the position and to make sure you are still interested. The tech support team has odd hours so they'll make sure you are still interested in their odd hours if that's the time they are trying to fill.

I agreed on the time even though it was odd hours and got ready for the interview. Be sure to locate the place BEFORE YOU GO or at least use GPS because they are in a very odd location behind buildings next to a train track so it's not obvious how to get there. Once you get in the parking is free and you'll walk into their nice building and go to the fourth floor where you'll sign in via iPad and wait for your interviewer. I interviewed with two people from the support team and both were very nice. I have to say the rooms are very odd, so don't be thrown off by that. I was kind of expecting it to be odd seeing as how tech companies are usually overly odd in their presentation (i.e. pool tables, igloos bright colors everywhere, teddy bears etc.). The initial interview was pretty long, so I thought things were going well, usually if it's going bad you figure they try to cut it short. My second interview was with a gentleman who would mostl likely be my direct supervisor/team lead. Both interviewers are great and nice no complaints. Then you'll take a test on a laptop they'll bring you. It's a 40 min test on answering tech questions where you'll have access to their knowledgebase to look up the answers and they you convey them in your responses to the phantom customers. These questions (4) will be actual questions that you are likely to get while working in the tech support role, so it's pretty indicative of the job. The questions aren't hard, you just need to find the information and relay it in a way that your "customer" can understand and implement. When the 40 minutes is up someone will come in and tell you you are done and you'll leave and that's it.

Overall I felt the interview was fine. I think I was there for about an hour and a half. I thought I did very well, I guess not though. It took about 2 weeks to hear back from the original representative and I heard via email that I was not chosen. I enjoyed the interview and meeting the people each were very nice and I'm not sure why I wasn't chosen. If I have to give any advice I'd say:

1. GO through the knowledgebase prior to the interview
    2. Be prepared for a few odd questions "How will I know if you are mad?" etc. and the odd layout of the office.
    3. Have fun and be yourself...on second thought maybe you shouldn't listen to me...I didn't get the job. LOL

Interview Questions

• "How will I know when you are mad?"   1 Answer