Mailchimp UI Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mailchimp

1 Interview Review

1.0

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mailchimp.

Interview

A senior recruiter reached out via email and we setup a phone call for the next day. The call started out with the standard fare, but as we got into my work experience he began to tell me what it is that I like rather than asking me. He proceeded to tell me that this role would be working on a SaaS application and that it was boring design and that I probably wouldn't like it. I rebutted that I did actually like it, that it was what I had been interviewing for and moving my career towards.

What he said next is the best part. He told me that he was 99% sure I wouldn't get the job. Look, I'm all for transparency and cutting through the BS, but that was downright unprofessional and completely uncalled for. I was stunned and literally speechless. We sat there in silence because he had no follow up to that and I certainly couldn't have said what I was thinking.

About a month or so later he sent me an informal email (from some ridiculously long [random_string of_characters]@dropbox.jazz.co) letting me know I hadn't gotten the job. Apparently the "99% sure" comment wasn't clear enough and needed to be reiterated. I guess when you're a company that has highly sought after positions it gives you the right to be disrespectful. Silly me for expecting more.

Interview Questions

Mailchimp Response

Apr 25, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for the feedback and we apologize that you did not have a positive experience when interviewing with us. Every candidate should have a positive experience with MailChimp and... More