Maimonides Medical Center Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maimonides Medical Center Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at Maimonides Medical Center

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Shanon will go easy on you. The other one (forgot her name) will not. I question their values n education or even how much they cares about the nurse vs staffing. I told them I was in school for my fnp and they pretty much told me I needed to pick one...the full time 5 day a week outpatient RN position....or go to school. It was a no brainer. Also, this interview was a floor transfer, my education was paid by them, they they did not support it. Huh?

Interview Questions

• What do you suspect to the older patient who passed out in the bathroom?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maimonides Medical Center

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Maimonides Interview Process took 4+ weeks. I kept calling HR and finally landed an interview. You do a initial interview with the recruiter and if she likes you she will see what your interest is and place you in a unit which will seem best for you. Then the second interview is with the unit manager and he/she will show you around the floor and ask you some clinical and past work related question and tell you HR will contact you in a week or so if you are selected. I received a call after a week and accepted the job, esp bc I am a new grad and its hard to find a job in a hospital. Basically you have to shine and make sure you know your clinical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Describe did you resolve a situation you encountered with a troublesome patient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an interview at first with the head of recruitment. She asked tough questions but it was not as bad as I thought. 2 weeks later I was asked to come back to meet with the Nurse manager on a specific floor. She did not ask me any questions, just showed me around and made it seem like I got the job- I did not.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications? What is your experience? Describe a patient handoff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief questioning if you already work there in another capacity/role. For current employees all paperwork requested needed to be submitted before being granted an interview. Interviewer was polite and direct.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center.

Interview

I recieved a call, for an interview by the nurse recruiter, she then set a date, then I went I went for the interview. Business outfit. Nurse recruiter was very professional and warm.

Interview Questions

• If a family of a heavy patient that was just repositioned, request to be repositioned again, what will you do?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center.

Interview

I first met with the recruiter; they were very nice and friendly. I met with them in their office for questions/resume review/reference review. After that I had a short break and then we met with the nurse manager who was hiring, and we did a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember too many questions they asked me -- just about my career goals, what makes me unique as a nurse, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

My hiring process includes dropping resume off in person, then got phone call back in a month for the first interview with nurse recruiter. After passing the interview with recruiter, I was schedule with a unit manager and after that will be a unit staff interview.

Interview Questions

• Why nursing? Why MMC? What would you do in such situations?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Maimonides Medical Center.

Interview

Interviewed with nursing recruitment first and was asked some basic behavioral questions. Recruiter took up to unit and introduced to unit manager. Entire process was around 2 hours.