Main Street Hub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Main Street Hub Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through job posting and was contacted by a recruiter. Upon completing the initial phone screening, I was asked to come in for an interview with two recruiters.This is a cold calling position. If you're not very outgoing and have a thick skin, this job isn't for you. It is not for the weak.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

TLDR: Close quarters for sales reps, high turnover rate (new hiring class starts the first of every month), hard to find parking, young atmosphere (lot's of college grads), starting base pay 20k

Applied online via Main Street Hub's website. I had a response from the sr. recruiter within a week. After following up a week later, we scheduled a phone interview, the next week an in person interview (plan for ~90 minutes), mine lasted a little over 2 hours.

Plan for parking accordingly, I tried parking in the garage across the street (Note: Main Street Hub does not validate parking!). They provide several options for you to either a) search for free parking on your own or b) pray you find street parking downtown Austin.

I was greeted by an iPad at the front desk and had to "ping" the recruiter/rep that was going to be giving me a tour of the facilities and begin the interview process. Although it is very forward thinking to use this system for applicants--it was very disappointing that the front desk receptionist did not greet or acknowledge my presence once she did return to her desk.

Once the tour began, the first thing I noticed the close quarters on the sales floor. reps have desks big enough for themselves and little elbow room. The desk have high walls and there are about 8-12 reps per team. The reps looked so compact into a small space some reps opted to roll away from their desk and operate sales from the middle floor within their teams' sectioned off area. Loud music is playing throughout the sales floor (If you are into that, it can be quite a fun atmosphere).

After the tour, I was sat down near some new sales rep in training to listen to about 4-5 different sales calls on recording. You're asked to write down any room for opportunity in the calls etc. Following this you are to take a extremely simple online quiz, open resources, testing your ability to locate certain parameters on various social media platforms for various businesses (i.e. Does Frank's BBQ have more than 3 stars on their Yelp page?). This process in total takes around 15 minutes.

I was then escorted to a room with a recruiter for a mock call. The mock call is scripted as is this job, script is provided prior to the interview for your own person preparation. The script is simple they are looking for authentic phone quality, ability to personalize your tone and pitch for the customer.

Finally, the interview was wrapped up with a personal conversation with another recruiter and Q & A. My interview was followed up by a personal phone call from the Sr. Sales Director.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in applying for Main Street Hub?   Answer Question

High turnover, young environment

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Ultimately, I enjoyed speaking with their recruiters for the interview. They asked me to do a mock sales pitch which they sent to my email prior to the interview so I could review it. The mock sales pitch was relatively easy. They throw a couple of rebuttals at you to see how you think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• What are three characteristics someone should have for this role?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone screening call within 3 days, and was given a psychometric test online. After I did it, got a call back asking to come to the office in NYC to meet managers and have an on-site interview. Was asked to perform a mock sales pitch.

Social Media Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through a referral from an employee. Got an e-mail for a phone interview, and was then asked to complete a work product assignment to get a feel for the type of work I would be doing if I were to get the job. After a week or so I got an invited for an interview on site. I met with my recruiter, and then with the head of the department. I wasn't asked many difficult questions or any of the more odd ones I read on here. Overall the interview process was easy. However, like others have mentioned on here I got a rather impersonal rejection e-mail, which felt odd after going through the whole process and even meeting with employees in person.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Interview

I had an initial phone call with recruiter and was then invited into the office to interview in person. For whatever reason they wanted to schedule my in-person interview over a month later. By the time this interview finally rolled around I already had 3 job offers I was considering so I thought this was a strange tactic on their part. The in-person interview consisted a short "test" and then I listed to several sales pitches. Then I was asked to do a mock role play sales pitch which was very easy. After that I had a very casual conversation with on of the senior recruiters. Overall the people I met were nice but the office felt very high school. Since declining the offer I have spoken with people who work there and have not heard anything positive. I would take this job as a last resort.

Social Media Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX).

Interview

Filled out a 'work product' before the interview, very professional interview, multiple stages, in total interview with around 5 different people, took a while. First interview was with the group of people I would be working with, then the hiring manager, then another manager, and then the hiring manager again. The work product is pretty easy, don't overthink it.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking me about grad school, whether or not I wanted to go and how soon.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

A recruiter will set up an initial 20 minute phone screening with you. Straightforward, easy to answer questions about your past employment and what you're looking for. The recruiting call is scripted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

They contacted me, everything was all over the place, did not know what position i was getting interviewed. i asked a few people that have worked there and its not worth it, they are growing but has a high turnover of workers

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with making 100 calls a day
      base pay is really low   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted directly by the company because of outside interest in my resume — never even applied. Took multiple hours out of a very busy schedule to at least hear out the description of the position/work and TWO different times my interviewer completely missed the interview THEY had scheduled. I actually had to reach out to coordinate rescheduling the interview after the first one was missed, and they still have not reached out to me following missing our second scheduled interview.

Never had this happen to me before with no outreach on the company's part, let alone twice in the span of a couple days. Absolutely. Shocking. Shows how they value their sales candidates, a very bad look for a competitive Austin job market.