Main Street Hub Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Main Street Hub

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX).

Interview

The entire process took 5ish week and was way too long. Also worth mentioning was that I was required to put together a sort of project to prove I was capable of doing what I said I could.

Interview Questions

• If I were an animal which would I be...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Savannah, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application on LinkedIn. Then I submitted a work product assignment. After that, i had a phone interview. After that I had a skype interview. Then I got selected for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

It's a kinda long process: you have to do a test and an assignment and you're interviewed by multiple people. Everyone is really nice, though, and they communicate next steps well.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

It was roughly 3 weeks long. After submitting a written work product, I was asked to have a Skype interview, which consisted of three rounds each with two people. This process has changed slightly since I applied, though.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Interview

Applied online.
    Received email a day or two later with a work assignment to send back within 48 hours.
    Asked to come in to interview with team managers.
    Asked to come in to interview with VP of Department and the CEO (the latter practice is outdated given the growth of the company since my interview).
    Reference check.
    Offer.

A very straight forward process for this line of work. Most interviews are not one on one, expect to meet with multiple people at a time. Questions are designed to catch you off guard creatively so they can see how witty and clever you are, two important traits for this job. If some of the questions seem ridiculous to you, it might not be the right job for you. This is a buttoned down, spunky industry.

Do NOT wear old world interview clothes like suits. You'll look ridiculous walking into the office in a suit.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Fast paced, very well communicated, engaging. Everyone involved with the process was enthusiastic to meet with me. The work product assignment was an enlightening challenge. That was followed with a 1:1 Skype interview, then an in-person interview morning with 2 team leads followed by 2 community managers, finally a 1:1 interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from industry specific (what experience do you have?) to vague (what inspires you?) to non-sequitur (what do you find funny?) to general interview questions (how do you define success?).   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was only a long processes because I am still in school and they put my interview in the May Grads pile. They show you around the facilities and show you the benefits of the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with getting rejections?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX).

Interview

The overall process started with meeting various members of the team and learning more about the company, the technology stack, and future strategy and direction. I found everyone to be incredibly nice and generous with their time. My first impression was that everyone seemed incredibly intelligent and driven and that culture is highly important to everyone there. For the interview, I met with various members of the engineering team. They asked challenging questions that focused on prior experience, problem solving, algorithms, and coding skills. Overall, it was challenging while still being friendly and informative.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a system to solve a particular problem?   Answer Question
    • Implement an algorithm that solves a particular problem and analyze runtime characteristics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very similar to the Google hiring process. The company structure was explained, and then I was guided through technical interview questions by multiple groups of employees. After the technical interviews, I was interviewed by the head of engineering, who asked questions like the usual "What's your biggest failure" and "Describe where you see yourself if 5 years".

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest failure.   1 Answer

Main Street Hub Response

Oct 19, 2015 – Senior Content Marketing Associate

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process! We appreciate your input.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview about a week later. The phone call was about 30 minutes and was the usual HR questions. After the initial phone interview, I was scheduled for a technical interview with an engineer that was about 45 minutes in length. The technical interview was centered around writing code into a shared Google Doc. After the first technical interview I was given a candidate project to complete. This was a collaborative project where I could ask questions to the engineer if I had any problems. After this I was invited to an on-site interview. The on-site interview was broken up into four different interviews. Three of them were technical that included whiteboarding and the other was with the VP of Engineering. There also treated me to lunch between the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What's one question that I didn't ask you that you wanted me to ask?   1 Answer