Main Street Hub Social Media Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Main Street Hub Social Media Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (New York, NY).

Interview

It was pretty basic interview, however I was under qualified for the job and probably should not haven been there in the first place, asked a simple question like "sell me this pen."

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone interview went alright - The guy doing it has no experience at it from what I learned from working there, if you don't sound like an idiot and have some background it should be a piece of cake. Interviewing was quick, lot's of questions, wants to see motivation and that sort of thing.

Interview Questions

• If you are doing bad in your phone interview, he will do things to see if you can save it and ask you to sell him something. I know this because he told me in person. So be prepared. If you suck, he will ask you to sell him something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. 32k salary, benefits, they go over more about commission in training. But read my review, commission is horrible.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Recruitment phone screen
    Inperson with 2 different managers.
    Asked basic resume questions & told me next steps. It was relaxed.
    I got on the phones and pitched a few people
    There's nothingote to day and if you dont accept it then bye

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Social Media Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Main Street Hub in September 2013.

Interview

Brief. A lot of really stupid questions. Anyone with more than 2 brain cells could get hired here. It's a terrible place to work. Management is very unqualified and they are also overworked. A lot of stock questions and they barely listen to you. They just want to put warm bodies in the seats to make repetitive script based cold calls.

Interview Questions

Interview

very relaxed and no nonsense

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

first phone interview was pretty standard- strengths, weaknesses etc. Second phone interview was a mock cold call and the third interview was face-to-face and a real live cold call

Interview Questions

• On the first phone interview they read three sentences once and wanted you to say them back with the same voice tones.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Main Street Hub.

Interview

Very Easy. Hired same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy and straight forward. I just wish they paid more.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is actually very rigorous. You begin by filling out a personalized written application as well as submitting a resume and cover letter. The written application mostly wants to sift out how well you understand the sales psychology and whether or not you could be passionate about social media. The next level is a face to face initial meeting with the recruiter and the sales managers. If you pass that, they send you home with the pitch which you practice on your own and then do a mock telephone call with the recruiter a day or so later. If you pass the mock telephone call, you then come in for live interviews where you call real businesses and they monitor how you speak and react on your feet. If they like you, you are hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are unable to negotiate. They just lowered their base salary as well, but, the commission is very fair and you can make good money if you are crushing it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Main Street Hub in April 2013.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, one on one with sales manager, then 30 minutes,on the phone

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Main Street Hub (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

easy no problems, the managers that interviewed me are no longer there. just go in and act like a college frat kid and you'll get the job. I don't know what else to say so I'm just trying to take up space

Interview Questions

• there's really none, just normal questions   1 Answer