MaineGeneral Health Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MaineGeneral Health (Augusta, ME) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone to interview for the position. After an interview with the Director of IT and Director of the PMO I was asked to participate in a group interview via skype. Since this position required relocation I suggested a face to face. I was required to pay for my own flight and accomodations for the interview and a week later I was offered the position at a salary less than was discussed during the first interview and a significant amount less than I was making previously. I initially accepted the position and was then subjected to a pathetic and incompetent HR department which among othere things informed me that I had to fly in a week before I started to take a picture for my employee bage. After several polite requests to do it the day I was hired they firmly said no. I then declined the position as I have never seen an organization that requires you to come in a week early (at your own expense) to take a picture. There were many other issues including several doctor's visits for physicals, hearing and eye tests, TB tests - all done on personal time and not reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult or unexpected about the questions.   Answer Question

The HR department and corporate policy. I was warned by Maine General employees that if you came from an area outside Maine you would be surprised how they do things. Having a history of working for Fortune 500 companies I would liken my experience to Deliverance meets healthcare. I do feel very bad for the people that trust their lives to this organization.