Majestic Wine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Majestic Wine

Graduate Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Glasgow, KY) in September 2015.

Interview

Email notifying invitation to first interview with a branch manager. Then another email a few weeks later notifying the date and place of interview. Interview was very informal, more of a chat with some harder questions thrown in. Then if successful an email notifying about an invitation to second interview with a regional manager. This interview is more serious and they ask a lot about your passion for retail and for learning about the company and the wines.

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Relaxed interview with a current manager. Asked about my experience, when I received good customer service, what do I think customer service is, who are majestic wines competitors. Spoke about the role

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for Majestic's Trainee Manager Scheme online and was invited to the first stage interview within a couple of weeks. The interview was a one-on-one with a member of the recruitment team. It consisted of some competency-based questions, all fairly standard, and a brief sales exercise in which they ask the candidate to make a pitch about one of the three bottles of wine placed in front of them.
      Within a couple of days, I was notified by email that I had been successful, and my application was being progressed to the final stage interview. However, that was as far as my application ever went.
      I was initially told that my final interview was likely to take place in February (having done the first stage in early January), and so I waited for further news. About midway through February I still hadn't heard anything, and decided to chase up the HR team via email. They explained that they were still organising final interviews, with a view to holding them in late February. Then everything went quiet on their end again.
      I am now writing in late March, two and a half months after the first stage interview, and haven't heard a peep from Majestic. I have since given up on the application and taken up another job offer. It is a shame, because this was a job opportunity that I was really excited about, and to which I believe I would have been well suited.
      My message to HR would be to be more communicative and better organised, and if there just aren't any store vacancies in the desired region, just be up front about that and don't get anybody's hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to be well organised. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haslemere, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Haslemere, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was invited for interview after 3 weeks since the I was applying. I came on time and I needed to wait 15 minutes for a store manager who took me upstairs. There was one more person I think- assistant manager and I was given a few questions. Before I left they were asking me for selling a bottle of wine , on the table were placed a three bottles. I was trying to sell all but I could manage to sell two of three. Next day I received an email with the result.

Interview Questions

• Please define what is customer service.   1 Answer

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sale, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Sale, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview with store manager and second interview with regional manager. Heard back the next day on both accounts. Both made to feel very welcome, standard interview questions, first interview more about me and my experience, second interview slightly more formal and went into more detail about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think they do their own deliveries rather than hiring another company?   1 Answer
    • What is your long term career path?   Answer Question
    • What has majestic done recently that is innovative/creative?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Majestic Wine in June 2016.

Interview

I applied Monday morning, they called back Wednesday and we arrange an interview for Friday. Only 2 days to prepare. They adviced me to visit a store and ask questions. Couldnt do that as my town does not have a store and I dont have a car to visit another. The interview was with a regional manager, nothing too fancy. He was very friendly and easy going. The interview had 5 basic questions: about myself, about the company (company competitors), about the job position, about wine and sales. The thing started to get weird when we were discussing about the job position. He explained that at first I will be at the back of the store to unload the delivery truck and probably at the van, doing deliveries. I asked him how am I supposed to learn if I'm not going to have any experience with customers. He told me that only managers and assistant managers deal with customers...

Interview Questions

• He then asked me when was the last time I bought a wine. I didnt for a while and so he was wondering how am I going to transfer my passion for wines to customers if I hadnt bought a wine for so long.   1 Answer

Credit Control Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Friendly and well structured. No booby traps just a chance to show what you know. It was the same interview questions for all candidates and dealt with technical questions and behavioral questions. I did not feel restricted though and could wander off piste if it was relevant.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a situation where a customer is in urgent need of wine for a wedding but we are not able to offer the amount of credit they were looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy. A quick details submission. Invited to first face-to-face interview in a matter of days. Second face-to-face interview was one week later. I was asked the same generic interview questions in both interviews and had to do a quick sales pitch to the interviewer in the first interview. Once I passed the interview I was working in store within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• "Pretend I'm a customer. Please can you sell me one of these bottles of wine..."   1 Answer

Trainee Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine.

Interview

Applied online with a CV and Cover Letter. Invited to first stage interview with a local store manager. Contacted within 48hrs to attend a final stage interview with a regional manager the following week. Relatively easy questions, mostly about your character, experience and knowledge of the company.s took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine HQ in Watford for both interview stages.

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and straight forward interview at the HQ in Watford. I had two interviews with both HR/recruitment staff. They really make a welcoming atmosphere during the interview and ask questions from a list. Use hobbies and interests to stand out in the interview. The overall process is quick and they want to put you to work as soon as possible it seems, especially before the christmas period. Visiting the store and talking with the manager will essentially give you all the knowledge you need to pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• A question about integrity relating to Majestics principles.   Answer Question