Majestic Wine Trainee Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Majestic Wine

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Relaxed interview with a current manager. Asked about my experience, when I received good customer service, what do I think customer service is, who are majestic wines competitors. Spoke about the role

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Majestic Wine

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for Majestic's Trainee Manager Scheme online and was invited to the first stage interview within a couple of weeks. The interview was a one-on-one with a member of the recruitment team. It consisted of some competency-based questions, all fairly standard, and a brief sales exercise in which they ask the candidate to make a pitch about one of the three bottles of wine placed in front of them.
      Within a couple of days, I was notified by email that I had been successful, and my application was being progressed to the final stage interview. However, that was as far as my application ever went.
      I was initially told that my final interview was likely to take place in February (having done the first stage in early January), and so I waited for further news. About midway through February I still hadn't heard anything, and decided to chase up the HR team via email. They explained that they were still organising final interviews, with a view to holding them in late February. Then everything went quiet on their end again.
      I am now writing in late March, two and a half months after the first stage interview, and haven't heard a peep from Majestic. I have since given up on the application and taken up another job offer. It is a shame, because this was a job opportunity that I was really excited about, and to which I believe I would have been well suited.
      My message to HR would be to be more communicative and better organised, and if there just aren't any store vacancies in the desired region, just be up front about that and don't get anybody's hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to be well organised. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haslemere, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Haslemere, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was invited for interview after 3 weeks since the I was applying. I came on time and I needed to wait 15 minutes for a store manager who took me upstairs. There was one more person I think- assistant manager and I was given a few questions. Before I left they were asking me for selling a bottle of wine , on the table were placed a three bottles. I was trying to sell all but I could manage to sell two of three. Next day I received an email with the result.

Interview Questions

• Please define what is customer service.   1 Answer

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sale, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Sale, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview with store manager and second interview with regional manager. Heard back the next day on both accounts. Both made to feel very welcome, standard interview questions, first interview more about me and my experience, second interview slightly more formal and went into more detail about the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think they do their own deliveries rather than hiring another company?   1 Answer
    • What is your long term career path?   Answer Question
    • What has majestic done recently that is innovative/creative?   Answer Question

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy. A quick details submission. Invited to first face-to-face interview in a matter of days. Second face-to-face interview was one week later. I was asked the same generic interview questions in both interviews and had to do a quick sales pitch to the interviewer in the first interview. Once I passed the interview I was working in store within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• "Pretend I'm a customer. Please can you sell me one of these bottles of wine..."   1 Answer

Trainee Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine.

Interview

Applied online with a CV and Cover Letter. Invited to first stage interview with a local store manager. Contacted within 48hrs to attend a final stage interview with a regional manager the following week. Relatively easy questions, mostly about your character, experience and knowledge of the company.s took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine HQ in Watford for both interview stages.

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and straight forward interview at the HQ in Watford. I had two interviews with both HR/recruitment staff. They really make a welcoming atmosphere during the interview and ask questions from a list. Use hobbies and interests to stand out in the interview. The overall process is quick and they want to put you to work as soon as possible it seems, especially before the christmas period. Visiting the store and talking with the manager will essentially give you all the knowledge you need to pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• A question about integrity relating to Majestics principles.   Answer Question

Trainee Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Majestic Wine in August 2015.

Interview

More about personality and being friendly than exploring merits and skills.
    No psychometric tests instead just be yourself and show you have people skills
    Feedback was quite quick after both interviews.

Trainee Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine in July 2015.

Interview

Two interviews at Head Office, first by HR and second by a regional manager. Both reasonably relaxed. Mostly competency questions, so have some good examples to hand, a few about your interests and what your favourite wine is. Warn you about some of the downsides of working for them. With both interviews I heard back next day, although they didn't provide any feedback.

Interview Questions

• When have you inspired others/or been inspired?
      When have you trained someone at something?
      Pick a bottle of wine of the three in front of you and sell it to me,
      What company do you respect? (can't remember the exact phrasing)
      When have you been creative to solve a problem?
      What makes a good manager?
      Answer Question

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Majestic Wine (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online with a CV and Cover Letter. Invited to first stage interview with a local store manager. If successful at this stage, it will be followed by a final stage interview with a regional manager.

Relatively easy questions, nothing out of the ordinary - they may do some role play where they ask you to sell them a bottle of wine. Use the labels as guidance for this - they're looking for sales skills and personal manner as opposed to in depth wine knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Why Majestic Wine? Who has inspired you in the past? What are your best qualities? Do you drink wine/if so what do you enjoy?   Answer Question