Major League Baseball Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Major League Baseball Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via the application day for the MLB and other club entities within the organization. It was a brief video interview on HireVue. The questions were very behavioral and basic. I still have not heard back so I am assuming that I did not get the position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

30-45 minutes. Review of experience and academic coursework. Knowledgeable recruiter. Thoroughly described the program. Met hiring manager and two staff members. Interesting work assignments. Opportunity to meet senior staff members and learn about organization.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to accomplish during a summer internship?   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

After my application it took about 2,3 weeks for the Recruiter to contact me. Then she scheduled a Technical phone screen with one of their Technical Lead out of SFO office. Person who did phone screen(probably she's one of the common ppl who does screen for the group) had just some specific set of Java related questions and when I try to elaborate she was very rude and cut me off.She was expecting the exact/pointed answer what she has on her written/printed paper. My question to people like these is that if they really do any surprise questionaires/tests (on the fly perfect answers) for their existing/current employees in their group/team. Coz it's just impossible for anyone to satisfy heir needs. And in reality when ppl really start working for any organisation there are bunch of online tools and there are ways to come up with best efficient solution(and they are not obligated to provide on the fly solutions). Then why do they use these tactics to filter or decide candidate's calibre with their specific set of questions. This type of interview filtering process is really annoying and demoralizing though we accumulate lot of experience over the time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I came in for one in-person interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work there. I was offered the job about two weeks after my interview. I accepted it and currently intern here.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball.

Interview

I did a few telephone interviews from campus. They mainly asked about myself, and my internship experience. They also took a good amount of time asking why I wanted to work for Major League Baseball. They spent around a third of the interview discussing the position and asking if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with for Major League Baseball.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy interview process. Simple and to the point. Felt no pressure. A lot of talk about baseball. Very laid back process, just like the company (which is great!).

Summer Interview

Interview

Great interview experience, general questions asked like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for MLB and things like that. Was a very laid back interview and made me feel comfortable about working In New York and for Major League Baseball. Overall, the interview experience was a great one for me!

Producer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical questions over the phone. Interviewer was in production.. and was extremely condescending because I was a woman. I think he assumed that due to my gender I knew nothing about baseball. Overall it was a very dissapointing experience. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Interview Questions

• do you watch baseball? do you know about players? who they are, etc. what sort of experience do you have?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

You will start with emails and phone call to their internal recruiter. From there it's one or more technical phone screens. The onsite process is to meet with someone from HR - it's not clear what this person is looking for other than that you are a "person" and can speak. After that it's one group after another - different developers with different backgrounds. Some very helpful and will answer questions about what they do, how they do it, talk about the company both pros and cons - others will have a major ego trip that you will have to deal with and will have an attitude with you immediately as they walk in the door. Overall they will make a decision quick and you'll be able to tell if you're in or not. They tell you at the beginning when you arrive how many interview sessions you will have and if you get to "the end" and you have not had the number of interview sessions you were told then you are out. I had one more session to go after spending four hours onsite and while waiting for this last session there was a very long wait where I was sitting in a small conference room doing nothing. Then someone comes in and says "okay we're done." They obviously huddle and make a decision during your sessions to cut-off the process if they feel you're not worth it. Unfortunately, like many interview cases, I think the one person who feels negative about you has more clout than anyone else so you have to impress every single person to be considered. Despite the negatives during this interview it seems like a great place to work. One of the few places that I have interviewed at where I did not get an offer but really wished I had.

Interview Questions

• Write a quick app in front of two developers for a basic calendar app. Architect a system where this app would be used.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, came into the office, sat down with 2 people in the department and chatted with them both. Just wanted to see my background and personality. Asked about experience a lot, how it would pertain to MLB setting. Really trying to see if you could handle multiple projects at once.