Major League Baseball Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.7

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews and two in person interviews
    How you could be an asset to the company as an intern and what you could bring to the company. Nothing hard just know your resume like the back of your hand and know the company's current goals.

Interview Questions

• Just your usual questions... why you want to work there and an overview of your past experiences. A lot of questions about your strengths and weaknesses as well as what you see yourself doing in the future.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball.

Interview

applied online, received email for HireVue interview...HireVue interviews can be done on phone or laptop...have 30 seconds before answering each question and it ranges from 5-10, based on other interviews I'd had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MLB?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied via the application day for the MLB and other club entities within the organization. It was a brief video interview on HireVue. The questions were very behavioral and basic. I still have not heard back so I am assuming that I did not get the position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

30-45 minutes. Review of experience and academic coursework. Knowledgeable recruiter. Thoroughly described the program. Met hiring manager and two staff members. Interesting work assignments. Opportunity to meet senior staff members and learn about organization.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to accomplish during a summer internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I came in for one in-person interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was just asked about my previous experience and why I wanted to work there. I was offered the job about two weeks after my interview. I accepted it and currently intern here.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball.

Interview

I did a few telephone interviews from campus. They mainly asked about myself, and my internship experience. They also took a good amount of time asking why I wanted to work for Major League Baseball. They spent around a third of the interview discussing the position and asking if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with for Major League Baseball.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy interview process. Simple and to the point. Felt no pressure. A lot of talk about baseball. Very laid back process, just like the company (which is great!).

Summer Interview

Interview

Great interview experience, general questions asked like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for MLB and things like that. Was a very laid back interview and made me feel comfortable about working In New York and for Major League Baseball. Overall, the interview experience was a great one for me!

Producer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

Typical questions over the phone. Interviewer was in production.. and was extremely condescending because I was a woman. I think he assumed that due to my gender I knew nothing about baseball. Overall it was a very dissapointing experience. I wouldn't recommend this place.

Interview Questions

• do you watch baseball? do you know about players? who they are, etc. what sort of experience do you have?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

You will start with emails and phone call to their internal recruiter. From there it's one or more technical phone screens. The onsite process is to meet with someone from HR - it's not clear what this person is looking for other than that you are a "person" and can speak. After that it's one group after another - different developers with different backgrounds. Some very helpful and will answer questions about what they do, how they do it, talk about the company both pros and cons - others will have a major ego trip that you will have to deal with and will have an attitude with you immediately as they walk in the door. Overall they will make a decision quick and you'll be able to tell if you're in or not. They tell you at the beginning when you arrive how many interview sessions you will have and if you get to "the end" and you have not had the number of interview sessions you were told then you are out. I had one more session to go after spending four hours onsite and while waiting for this last session there was a very long wait where I was sitting in a small conference room doing nothing. Then someone comes in and says "okay we're done." They obviously huddle and make a decision during your sessions to cut-off the process if they feel you're not worth it. Unfortunately, like many interview cases, I think the one person who feels negative about you has more clout than anyone else so you have to impress every single person to be considered. Despite the negatives during this interview it seems like a great place to work. One of the few places that I have interviewed at where I did not get an offer but really wished I had.

Interview Questions

• Write a quick app in front of two developers for a basic calendar app. Architect a system where this app would be used.   Answer Question