Major League Baseball Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Major League Baseball

2.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

It was first a phone screen, followed by another phone screen on collaedit, follow up with in person half day. For me they requested to come in for another 1/2 day which I declined.
    So I didn't get an offer because I stopped the process. After the one in person, they asked me come in again for another 3 hr session and given that I had already had a offer therefore I chose not to continue.

I just wanted to warn future candidates, the HR here is not sure about the process since its up to the hiring manager. Definitely ask them what the process will be so that you don't fall in the same issues as me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

You will start with emails and phone call to their internal recruiter. From there it's one or more technical phone screens. The onsite process is to meet with someone from HR - it's not clear what this person is looking for other than that you are a "person" and can speak. After that it's one group after another - different developers with different backgrounds. Some very helpful and will answer questions about what they do, how they do it, talk about the company both pros and cons - others will have a major ego trip that you will have to deal with and will have an attitude with you immediately as they walk in the door. Overall they will make a decision quick and you'll be able to tell if you're in or not. They tell you at the beginning when you arrive how many interview sessions you will have and if you get to "the end" and you have not had the number of interview sessions you were told then you are out. I had one more session to go after spending four hours onsite and while waiting for this last session there was a very long wait where I was sitting in a small conference room doing nothing. Then someone comes in and says "okay we're done." They obviously huddle and make a decision during your sessions to cut-off the process if they feel you're not worth it. Unfortunately, like many interview cases, I think the one person who feels negative about you has more clout than anyone else so you have to impress every single person to be considered. Despite the negatives during this interview it seems like a great place to work. One of the few places that I have interviewed at where I did not get an offer but really wished I had.

Interview Questions

• Write a quick app in front of two developers for a basic calendar app. Architect a system where this app would be used.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied for APM role online. The recruiter flaked on our interview by either canceling the day of or never responding after I confirmed available times 3 separate occasions which burnt about 1.5 months of time. On the fourth occasion, we scheduled a time, and he called at that time saying to reschedule to later that day. I said OK to this.

Finally, we actually get to have a conversation with each other about the position. He said that he would love for me to speak with a PM on the team. We set up a time and I talk with the PM. PM asked generic PM interview questions such as: why do you want to be a PM, what is your favorite product, etc. The PM said to look out for an update from the recruiter....

And of course, the recruiter NEVER ever followed up even after multiple emails sent to him.

Extremely unprofessional!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Someone will call and ask you general knowledge sports questions. Then you'll go in and be explained what the job is. You really don't talk about yourself at all, they just explain it to you and then give you a tryout. The tryout is someone sitting with you and watching you as you log an event. If they think you do an ok job, you'll come back for some more training.

Interview Questions

• Are you available weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was fairly straightforward with basic background information. Since it's a part time entry level position there wasn't much talk of "qualifications," however, the phone interview ended with a basic sports test. The next step was an in-person interview with a couple Supervisors which served as more of an informational meeting. The third phase is a tryout where you log a pre-recorded event with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Sports test consisted of a variety of questions from most major sports, including Michael Jordan's number, past Super Bowl and World Series winners, high-profile Olympic athletes, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I went in and the job was described to me. They didn't really ask too many questions of me, just told me about what I'd be doing and when they were to set up a test run. It was very easy and took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a slate is?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online. A couple weeks later I got a phone interview. The next day, I was invited to an in person interview. A few hours after my in person interview, I was offered the position. Pretty fast and easy process for me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had competing deadlines and how did you prioritize them.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was asked to come in for an interview said the process would be approximately two hours. Everyone was friendly, and the interviews were professional. Was then asked to come in again for another round of interviews approximately two weeks later. Again, same result. However, the experience was ruined by complete silence afterwards. No contact, no response to follow up e-mail. Would have understood if rejected, however it was quite unprofessional from the recruiting team to not only ghost, but to then ignore a follow up e-mail.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Brief personality questions, sports knowledge test (player recognition, rules of the game, etc.) and questions regarding knowledge of sports overall. Provided an answer for the position shortly after - quick process

Summer Interview

Interview

Great interview experience, general questions asked like tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for MLB and things like that. Was a very laid back interview and made me feel comfortable about working In New York and for Major League Baseball. Overall, the interview experience was a great one for me!