Major League Baseball (MLB) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Major League Baseball (MLB) Interview Questions

Interviews at Major League Baseball (MLB)

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick and easy interview process. Simple and to the point. Felt no pressure. A lot of talk about baseball. Very laid back process, just like the company (which is great!).

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, came into the office, sat down with 2 people in the department and chatted with them both. Just wanted to see my background and personality. Asked about experience a lot, how it would pertain to MLB setting. Really trying to see if you could handle multiple projects at once.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

It was challenging, had to meet the whole team. Had to come in more than once and had a few phone calls. Got a tour of the office which was a really cool experience.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY).

Interview

Actually, the interview process wasn't bad. Was called in to meet with 5 people + HR (6 total) over the course of 3 hours. I was asked mostly about my experience, especially at my latest job.

The bad rating comes from HR throughout this process. The HR person I spoke with gave me her business card and told me to contact her in the coming weeks. To date, its been 5 weeks and I have emailed several times with no response. It is incredibly rude and unprofessional to do this to anyone. Even if you are still deciding, I at least deserve some type of response. I can tell from previous posts that this is a common occurrence. I hope someone at BAM reads this and decides to change this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some of the campaigns you are working on right now   Answer Question

Marketing Producer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB).

Interview

Good interview process, met with multiple people who were helpful in their information and questions. Long day, but it was worth it. Cool offices, and relaxed environment. The people were nice to me.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Was hired from a phone interview, I was told that I was going o be doing full cycle AP and instead I was used as a glorified file clerk. And even that they were uncertain of, they didn't know what they wanted me to do and in the end all the work i put into what I was doing was stopped and they had me put everything back to the chaos it was before.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle full cycle AP and some clerical work?   1 Answer

Senior Network Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was little immature , you get to meet with a couple of guys , one manager who is very technical and another person who is somewhat technical . They ask you to go trough your resume and ask you a few questions.

Interview Questions

• How a packet moves from a switch port to another switch port over L3 hop   1 Answer
    • BGP Troubleshooting questions , different scenarios given and thought process and they test how much you know. I think they were valid questions and there is never single right answer   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview which took around 30 to 45 minutes. Then I was invited for an onsite interview which consisted of 4 hour long interviews, each with 2 people from the engineering team. First, I met with one of the engineer and he said to me I am going to ask you one question everyone got it wrong, except fro for one person who was a System Admin..

Interview Questions

• What's the process for a host to talk to talk on lan hop l3?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

The first is an intro call for 30 minutes with a recruiter ie. Matthew.

It was one of the best processes I’ve ever experienced. Matt was so helpful. He clearly stated the whole process from start to finish and kept me abreast of the completion of each part. He was thoughtful with his questions and really showed great empathy when delivering news. I accepted the offer because it was amazing, but the face how how amazing the company is is really based on recruitment. Matt did a fantastic job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) in August 2017.

Interview

Standard application process. Their recruiter reached out to me to schedule a 30 minute phone call. As others have mentioned MLB Advanced Media take a fair amount of time to get back to you. The next part of the process was a 45 minute call with a lead engineer to discuss the role and experience overall.

After that a 4 hour interview via video conferencing was scheduled. The interview was mainly hands on Java programming via an online text editor as well as answering some overall design/cloud service design related questions.

Overall the interview process was "okay" primarily because MLB Advanced Media took far too long to respond.

Interview Questions

• Given the bit.ly service - assuming an existing hashing algorithm for the URL how would you design the service to be scalable and fast.   1 Answer
    • Write a function to print 1 to 100, for multiples of 3 print fizz, multiples of 5 print buzz, multiples of 3 & 5 print fizzbuzz   Answer Question
    • Given a string - write a function to sort its characters alphabetically   1 Answer
    • Given a light and a two switch - create an object model that best represents both items.   1 Answer