Major League Baseball Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Major League Baseball Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Major League Baseball

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Major League Baseball in August 2017.

Interview

Standard application process. Their recruiter reached out to me to schedule a 30 minute phone call. As others have mentioned MLB Advanced Media take a fair amount of time to get back to you. The next part of the process was a 45 minute call with a lead engineer to discuss the role and experience overall.

After that a 4 hour interview via video conferencing was scheduled. The interview was mainly hands on Java programming via an online text editor as well as answering some overall design/cloud service design related questions.

Overall the interview process was "okay" primarily because MLB Advanced Media took far too long to respond.

Interview Questions

• Given the bit.ly service - assuming an existing hashing algorithm for the URL how would you design the service to be scalable and fast.   1 Answer
  • Write a function to print 1 to 100, for multiples of 3 print fizz, multiples of 5 print buzz, multiples of 3 & 5 print fizzbuzz   Answer Question
  • Given a string - write a function to sort its characters alphabetically   1 Answer
  • Given a light and a two switch - create an object model that best represents both items.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Major League Baseball

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY).

Interview

It was first a phone screen, followed by another phone screen on collaedit, follow up with in person half day. For me they requested to come in for another 1/2 day which I declined.
    So I didn't get an offer because I stopped the process. After the one in person, they asked me come in again for another 3 hr session and given that I had already had a offer therefore I chose not to continue.

I just wanted to warn future candidates, the HR here is not sure about the process since its up to the hiring manager. Definitely ask them what the process will be so that you don't fall in the same issues as me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

You will start with emails and phone call to their internal recruiter. From there it's one or more technical phone screens. The onsite process is to meet with someone from HR - it's not clear what this person is looking for other than that you are a "person" and can speak. After that it's one group after another - different developers with different backgrounds. Some very helpful and will answer questions about what they do, how they do it, talk about the company both pros and cons - others will have a major ego trip that you will have to deal with and will have an attitude with you immediately as they walk in the door. Overall they will make a decision quick and you'll be able to tell if you're in or not. They tell you at the beginning when you arrive how many interview sessions you will have and if you get to "the end" and you have not had the number of interview sessions you were told then you are out. I had one more session to go after spending four hours onsite and while waiting for this last session there was a very long wait where I was sitting in a small conference room doing nothing. Then someone comes in and says "okay we're done." They obviously huddle and make a decision during your sessions to cut-off the process if they feel you're not worth it. Unfortunately, like many interview cases, I think the one person who feels negative about you has more clout than anyone else so you have to impress every single person to be considered. Despite the negatives during this interview it seems like a great place to work. One of the few places that I have interviewed at where I did not get an offer but really wished I had.

Interview Questions

• Write a quick app in front of two developers for a basic calendar app. Architect a system where this app would be used.   Answer Question