Major Lindsey & Africa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Major Lindsey & Africa Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.8

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major Lindsey & Africa.

Interview

Initial screenings are done by a recruiter. Eventually was selected to do a phone screening with someone in the main office, followed by a video conference. The overall process took several months because there was several weeks in between any follow up calls. The expected start date kept changing

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to manage expectations from multiple people.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Major Lindsey & Africa.

Interview

Long interview process -- met with each sales person and recruiter at least once. Called in for 3-4 in person interviews (after phone interviews). Last interview was meeting the team for drinks. The process is to see if you are a "cultural fit".

Interview Questions

• The typical - why recruiting, why did you leave each job. The focus though was conversation to see if you fit in with the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate guaranteed commission. Most recruiters get guaranteed commission equal to about 20% of base. You'll need it!

Office Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Major Lindsey & Africa (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Very nice staff and office environment. Seems like a great company to work for. Everyone I met with was very nice. I also had a phone interview and the woman I spoke to from corporate was very personable and professional

Legal Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Major Lindsey & Africa.

Interview

I had a phone interview first (approximately 1 hour), then an online personality quiz (very short), then an in-person interview with an off-site supervisor. The entire process seemed quite thorough.

Interview Questions

• 1.) What are three things you want us to know about you?
      2.) Tell me about a time you had to be competitive.
      3.) Walk me through your resume.
      4.) Why are you interested in this position?
      5.) Tell me about your recruitment experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate. And I think anyone who wants to be a legal recruiter really should try to negotiate -- it shows you mean business and will be good in the position.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major Lindsey & Africa.

Interview

Initial phone screen with direct boss who is not in the same office as job. Then on-site interview with office manager and a few recruiters. Then came back for another on-site interview with a few more recruiters. Interviews were done one-on-one so it took about 3 hours each time. Also had to do a typing test and writing sample.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got $2k more than what they originally offered me.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Major Lindsey & Africa.

Interview

The interview process was quick and pointed; I received a call and it lasted for about 15 minutes during which I walked the interviewer through some major parts of my resume (per their direction).

Interview Questions

• It was mostly going through my resume and asking me to talk about each experience in more detail. Then they asked follow up questions with more directions as to the answer they were looking for.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Received a call to interview. In office intervew, with Managing directors and future colleagues. Interviewers took turn interviewing me, and took notes. Then HR followed up with a verbal offer. 24hr turnaround to accept/decline

Interview Questions

• personality based questions, compatibility with office environment and other staff.   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Major Lindsey & Africa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very cordial, straight-forward phone interview with purpose of knowing your background and if you are a good fit for clients. If they find a client that is looking for someone with your profile, they will contact you.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working on different projects and on an hourly basis?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Major Lindsey & Africa (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Great, friendly group of people. Back to back interviews with various Managing Directors. Each explained their role and why the company was a good fit for them. It is very important that you fully understand the role that you are applying for (recruiter v. business development role).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Major, Lindsey & Africa?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. None of the questions asked were job related. They mainly want to know what type of personality you have and whether you will mesh well with their current team.