Make-A-Wish Foundation Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Make-A-Wish Foundation Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Interview

The internship application was fairly easy. I submitted an online application to my regional chapter and was contacted to come in for an interview. The interview was straight forward, but applicants were very competitive. It took about 25 minutes and questions were mostly based off of leadership and community service experience. They wanted to make sure you were invested in the cause.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Make-A-Wish Foundation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied and they contacted me one month later. The process was very quick with setting up an interview, so after one week of contacting me I interviewed. All staff were very nice and smiled as I entered through the office. The interview itself was relaxed and comfortable. There was no need to feel nervous during the interview, and the interviewer made it feel more relaxed as well. To summarize, it could have been called more of a chat rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

I was offered a position at a different organization.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Riverside, CA).

Interview

I applied through a school job search engine. I got an email within two weeks of applying and scheduled an in person interview the week after. The interview was very comfortable and fairly easy. My interviewers wanted to get to know me and my personality. The questions were basic questions with not a lot of situational questions. After the interview she explained to me more about the foundation as a whole and really made me want to intern for them.

Interview Questions

• What was the last creative project you worked on?
      Tell me about yourself
      Weaknesses and Strengths
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted about 3weeks later for a phone screening. About 2 weeks after the phone screening I was asked to go through a virtual interview for the position, since I was in another state. I meet with to members of Make-a-wish's HR department who interview me for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why make-a-wish?
      What do you know about HR?
      Are you interviewing for any other Internships?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application via e-mail in February. Received an e-mail in March (after the applications closed) to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was conducted by the supervisor and only lasted about 20 minutes. Received another e-mail early April offering the position.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Four-person panel. They asked a series of questions related to office work and internship experience. After the panel interview, there is an Excel test. The panel was engaged and asked good questions. Be prepared to tell about yourself and your experiences.

Interview Questions

• What type of intern experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Bethesda, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple and straight forward, asked conventional interview questions. Lasted about 20 minutes with the Department head who did not end up being my direct supervisor. She was friendly but seemed in a rush.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, how does your experience match with our mission/goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Staff is generally friendly and ask questions about your passion rather than experience. This could be because the do a wonderful job of stewarding their intern and helping them develop skills through mentorship.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

I really enjoyed the interview process. It gave me an opportunity to see what the space was like and meet my potential co-workers. The interview was organized with reasonable questions. The interviewer made me feel extremely comfortable. The questions really spoke to their mission to grants the wish of a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition in the United States and its territories, on average, every 38 minutes

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation in December 2014.

Interview

Recruiter maintained the application and correspondence process; however, the potential supervisors for each department were conducting the interviews. The interview was casual and very sincere; however, the questions were difficult--in a good way. One of the best interviews I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, how previous coworkers viewed you, your knowledge of the organization, level of flexibility and problem solving   Answer Question