Make-A-Wish Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Portland, OR).

Interview

There were two steps in the interview process. The first was a phone screen. It was quick probably 15 minutes that focused a lot of on my past experience through behavioral type questions. The second step was in an in person interview. The interview was very relaxed. The interviewers (2) alternated asking questions. This one focused more on my work style - how I like to be given instructions, whether I'm more focused on speed or accuracy, etc. After the question portion of the interview I was asked to do follow a template and make an itenerary of a Wish Trip.

Interview Questions

• If you could of had a Wish as a child what would it have been?   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

The interview process wasn't so too bad overall, that is until I never heard back after interviewing. I had a phone interview and met with two individuals at their LA office as well, but later did not receive a standard message or call to notify that I was no longer being considered. Communication throughout all recruitment stages and common courtesy should be a basic/fundamental standard.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

My interview was a phone conference call. Both women interviewing me were exceptionally nice and fun to talk to. The interview only lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

App submitted online. First stage was a phone interview with the Regional VP. Next was an in person one on one interview with the same person. The last step was a visit to the Regional Office for multiple one on one interviews with various staff and CEO.

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online, had one in person interview with a small group panel and a skills test, and received an offer the same week. Very reasonable interview. Loved my time working there.

Interview Questions

• The skills test was on basic spelling, grammar, and included writing a mock fundraising thank-you letter.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview took roughly an hour. It was very informative and the interviewer was very polite and professional. I may have been over dressed with a suit on but that is ok. The interviewer was wearing a shirt and sweater, no tie and jeans.

Interview Questions

• what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Program Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 employees. They each took turns asking questions and were very nice and polite. They allowed me to ask questions at the end. Afterwards, one employee took me to tour the office.

Interview Questions

• If you could meet anyone, who would you want to meet and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation in where your supervisor was wrong?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • A little girls wishes to be a princess. Her favorite color is pink and she loves sparkles. How would you plan this wish?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Interview

The internship application was fairly easy. I submitted an online application to my regional chapter and was contacted to come in for an interview. The interview was straight forward, but applicants were very competitive. It took about 25 minutes and questions were mostly based off of leadership and community service experience. They wanted to make sure you were invested in the cause.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Honolulu, HI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a nice middle-aged woman who asked great questions and seemed to be impressed by my answers. Told me I could get a second interview and wait for her response. After about a week, I heard back from her to go for a second interview with the chapter CEO. The CEO seems disorganized, stressed, a bit rude and judgemental, and seems to size you up the minute you see her. She also bursts into weird fits of laughter during the interview and didn't hide the fact that she's barely interested in what you have to say and cut you off while you're talking.

I immediately got an impression and since I'm not a white, middle-aged woman like her, there's little chance of her hiring me. And I was right. I can bet 100% that they hired a white person. Discrimination is apparently very cool at this company.

Interview Questions

• What is my biggest accomplishment? What is the low point of your job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Make-A-Wish Foundation (Syracuse, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked about my previous experience and how I could contribute to the organization. I was an easy process and the ladies who interviewed me were incredibly nice, informative and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are your greatest strengths an weaknesses   Answer Question