Makerbot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiter sent a hacker rank test for me to complete which was simple enough. I had made it to the on-site interview where they had a panel of different people talk to me, including a whiteboard interview and tech assessment.

Less than a week later they wanted me to come back for another on-site interview and interview with another team. I did and within the week they told me that they were going to give me an offer. The only problem was that they had to wait for their budget to be cleared, and that I was the only person in that pipeline. They were assuring me that it was only a matter of time until I would get the offer letter, being that I had another standing offer. I waited for their budget to be cleared and eventually gave up after 3 weeks of waiting. Two months after they told me I was going to get an offer, I got an email saying that the position had been filled.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview consists of the team you are joining walking you through the factory floor followed by a sit-down interview. I dressed in a suit which felt out of place. Parking is impossible and they don't set you up for a spot. Looks like they are looking for younger guys who think that 3D printing is an awesome boost to their resume.

Senior Level Management Position Interview

Interview

I was contacted through a junior recruiter for a senior position. It seemed strange to have a person of his experience screening for a senior level position - typically senior management handle the process at this level at other companies. He kept sending generic emails that seem like a robot and I started to wonder if the person was real. After two phone interviews, I received another generic email like I had never spoken with them before.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Makerbot in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager saying they were very impressed with my application. Wanted to schedule a phone interview for the following week. 15 mins before the interview I received an email that they were putting the position on hold. Should have paid more attention to the reviews stating their extremely poor management.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

There was a phone screen, and they got back to me a while later requesting an on site interview. Members of the engineering team were present to ask answer questions, followed by a short technical interview section. They also showed me some hardware and asked me questions about how I would approach problems regarding it.

Node Js Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

I applied online in February. Had two phone screens, and then an in-person interview early March with four or so groups, which culminated in some whiteboard problems. Honestly, it was discombobulating, and I thought I did horrible. Apparently I didn't, and they brought me a week later in for another interview with the CTO and HR for a more personality-type fit, which was a lot less stressful. Right after they asked for my references.

Then, nothing. I didn't follow up because I didn't want to seem pushy, but I know they didn't contact my references. So, basically nothing.

A month after I emailed them back reminding them that I was interested, what was going on, etc. Then I got an email from a new HR person indicating that the previous HR person was no longer there and that they wanted me in for another interview. So the reason my candidacy was help up for a month was because HR couldn't do their job.

I went in for a third interview, which thankfully was mostly over culture/fit and meeting more PMs and managers. It went well. The tech lead apologized for the drawn-out process and promised a response by the end of the week. Then, I wrapped up with the HR person, who was, to say the least, arrogant. Through a misunderstanding on my part, she became angry with me and basically ended the interview there. You'd know if you met her.

I got an email a few days later from the tech lead asking if there was a conflict with HR; I explained what happened and a few days later she informed me that HR decided not to move forward with me.

Needless to say, I am disappointed with their HR's ineptitude, arrogance, and pettiness. Very long, drawn out, and overall terrible experience. If you have a morsel of dignity and self-respect, don't apply here.

Interview Questions

• It was a basic post route to a database in Node. And they asked about adding a promise, so make sure you know about those.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot.

Interview

The hiring manager will email you in order to set up a series of Phone Calls. I had 3 rounds, but got declined after the last round. We talked about my CAD experience and interest in 3D printing.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your resume.
      Why do you want to work here?
      What interests you about this industry?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process, honestly, was a little frustrating. I applied around Thanksgiving period, and quickly got an email for a phone screen early December. After the phone screen, I thought I did pretty well and was told that I'll hear back about next steps at the last on 1/4. I didn't get an email back until late January. I did understand that these things happen and the holiday season is tough, so it wasn't a big deal.

Here came the more dreading situation. I first had an in person interview on site (1/28) with three people that I would be working with and for. One of them wasn't there that day so I wasn't able to meet with him. A few weeks later, I got another email for an in person interview with the last person on the team (2/8). A few days later, I received an email with the words "Final Interview Request" on 2/12 with HR. They also asked me for three references and background check. After the interview, which took place more than a week later, I met with the person I've been in contact this entire time (2/24). He shook my hand and told me "I'm excited to have you on board. Ideally you'll start two weeks from today." I was pretty excited!

However, I received an email the next day with an email asking for a case study and I had less than a week to work on this. I was shocked. This case study would be similar to a fifth interview. At the same time, I was interviewing everyday with five different firms and taking an online class at the same time. Nevertheless, I spent as much time as I could have and turned it in the following Monday (2/29). On Tuesday, I went over my case study. The interviewer sounded pretty frustrated with whatever I turned in. On Thursday (3/3), I got an automated message from the recruiter "Thank you for taking the time to explore an opportunity with MakerBot. While your background was impressive and we enjoyed talking with you, we have decided not to move forward with your candidacy at this time." I was disappointed. A week later I emailed him back, thanking him and asking if he could give me a review of my work of this interview process, but I never heard back from him.

By this point, I was not surprised that I wasn't going to get this job. I felt that they have been dragging on the interviews. I am definitely not thrilled about the six interviews/interactions I had with the team whether it was via phone or in person. While most of the actual interviews were fine, I thought it was unprofessional how many interviews I've had, and that they should have had me work on the case study FIRST before moving onward with the interview. Also, after this many numbers of interaction, I thought the interviewer should have rejected me through a phone call or email, not through an automated email from HR. This is just standard hiring procedures from any legitimate firm. The interview process reflected badly on how disorganized the company is.

Good luck to Makerbot. I hope they will not make anyone else go through this interview process.

Interview Questions

• - Why Makerbot?
      - Why technology?
      - Do you prefer working in teams or individual?
      - So what's wrong with Makerbot? 3D printing?
      - What do you know about Makerbot?
      - How much experience do you have with SQL?
      - If you're seeing a trend of unsatisfactory reviews from our customers, how would you test the market for any type of improvements?
      -Please prepare a high level estimation of MakerBot Active Install base, include all your workings as supporting documentation.   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for this job through a job listing site. I had 2 phone interviews and then they had me come in for a final interview down to their office in Brooklyn. This was a huge journey for me from upstate New York and I had to miss a few classes but I figured it was worth it. The interview was only about 15 minutes which led me to wonder why we couldn't do this over video chat. They told me they would get back to me with an answer within a week and never ever sent me any kind of response. I even emailed them asking about it. I find that incredibly rude since I took so much time to go all the way down there etc. they couldn't take 5 minutes out of their day to tell me I didn't get the position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Worst experience ever. The woman on HR interviewing me had no idea how to interview people - we talked for maybe five minutes before she ran out of questions (I believe her only question was "tell me about yourself." There were two people on the line for whatever reason, and the other person on the line didn't say a word the entire time.

Miraculously, I made it to the next round despite the fact that I spoke about myself for (again) a total of maybe five minutes. I asked them if they could expedite me because of other job offers, and they assured me that it wouldn't be a problem. I gave them a hard date that I needed the interview before (it wasnt unreasonable, maybe 10 days). They responded to me with - you guessed it - an interview time more than ten days in the future.

Incompetent, unprofessional, and disorganized. I dodged a bullet by not joining their HR team.