Makerbot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Makerbot Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.7

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through online, had a phone screen then had a few interviews with team members in Brooklyn office. After two days I got an offer. A week later, they emailed me that this position was on hold due to their budget issue. Very unprofessional in their hiring process. Wouldn't recommend here.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiter sent a hacker rank test for me to complete which was simple enough. I had made it to the on-site interview where they had a panel of different people talk to me, including a whiteboard interview and tech assessment.

Less than a week later they wanted me to come back for another on-site interview and interview with another team. I did and within the week they told me that they were going to give me an offer. The only problem was that they had to wait for their budget to be cleared, and that I was the only person in that pipeline. They were assuring me that it was only a matter of time until I would get the offer letter, being that I had another standing offer. I waited for their budget to be cleared and eventually gave up after 3 weeks of waiting. Two months after they told me I was going to get an offer, I got an email saying that the position had been filled.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Right from the very start you get a sense of ease. I was contacted by MakerBots recruiter. We scheduled an interview time and from there it was a piece of cake. My email was detailed and told me what I could expect.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was asked a little bit about class projects as well as my experience with 3D printers. It was pretty casual overall, just two 30-45 minute phone interviews with mechanical engineers. After a few weeks I was contacted by phone and told I got the internship and that I'd have couple of weeks to decide to take it or not.

Interview Questions

• What's an idea you've had to improve 3D printers you've used?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

The interview consists of the team you are joining walking you through the factory floor followed by a sit-down interview. I dressed in a suit which felt out of place. Parking is impossible and they don't set you up for a spot. Looks like they are looking for younger guys who think that 3D printing is an awesome boost to their resume.

Senior Level Management Position Interview

Interview

I was contacted through a junior recruiter for a senior position. It seemed strange to have a person of his experience screening for a senior level position - typically senior management handle the process at this level at other companies. He kept sending generic emails that seem like a robot and I started to wonder if the person was real. After two phone interviews, I received another generic email like I had never spoken with them before.

Assistant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and comfortable. The interviewers were friendly and very open for intellectual discussion. It felt less like an interview and more like a friendly conversation. They asked me questions I felt were important for them to better know me past my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, and why you would want to work here.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone and I was asked basic questions about myself. After the phone screening I was asked to come in for a face to face which was pretty laid back with two people from the accounting department and then another from the HR department.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty Straightforward interview. managers attempt to scare you away by labeling the bad about the job during the interview as a personal stress test. If you like working a structured 9-6 office job, this is the place for you!

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Makerbot in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager saying they were very impressed with my application. Wanted to schedule a phone interview for the following week. 15 mins before the interview I received an email that they were putting the position on hold. Should have paid more attention to the reviews stating their extremely poor management.