Makerbot "Open House" Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

"Open House" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The company advertised a "job fair" at their offices to meet with applicants for about 50 open positions simultaneously. I sent in a resume and mentioned a couple job titles I was interested in ahead of time. Their recruiter emailed me back a few days later telling me what time to arrive and the name and title of a person I would be meeting with.

I spoke with the interviewer for 15-20 minutes, at a temporary station in an open space near the reception desk. Several other interviews were taking place to either side of us.

Fairly basic interview questions. I had not been informed what position(s) I was being considered for, but I got the impression from the interviewer he was considering me for a job I had not mentioned on my list. Overall I didn't feel like the format was an effective way for the company to learn about candidates, or vice versa.

After a couple of followup emails the recruiter was able to confirm to me that an offer would not be extended.

Interview Questions