Makerbot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.6

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online, followed by a phone interview with COO and then on-site interview with 4 people. I will not recommend anyone to apply in this company because they really don't know what they are doing. Comments mentioned in the company review section are right. The senior management is very rude and undisciplined. They don't treat people respectfully and don't have any professionalism with follow-up process. They themselves mentioned that their turnover rate is high and they are trying to downsize the company now. After the interview, I came home with a sense that this company will be out of business soon.

Interview Questions

• I think a resume is full of lies, that's why I don't like resumes. So what can you tell me outside the resume?   2 Answers

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Worst experience ever. The woman on HR interviewing me had no idea how to interview people - we talked for maybe five minutes before she ran out of questions (I believe her only question was "tell me about yourself." There were two people on the line for whatever reason, and the other person on the line didn't say a word the entire time.

Miraculously, I made it to the next round despite the fact that I spoke about myself for (again) a total of maybe five minutes. I asked them if they could expedite me because of other job offers, and they assured me that it wouldn't be a problem. I gave them a hard date that I needed the interview before (it wasnt unreasonable, maybe 10 days). They responded to me with - you guessed it - an interview time more than ten days in the future.

Incompetent, unprofessional, and disorganized. I dodged a bullet by not joining their HR team.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The recruiter sent a hacker rank test for me to complete which was simple enough. I had made it to the on-site interview where they had a panel of different people talk to me, including a whiteboard interview and tech assessment.

Less than a week later they wanted me to come back for another on-site interview and interview with another team. I did and within the week they told me that they were going to give me an offer. The only problem was that they had to wait for their budget to be cleared, and that I was the only person in that pipeline. They were assuring me that it was only a matter of time until I would get the offer letter, being that I had another standing offer. I waited for their budget to be cleared and eventually gave up after 3 weeks of waiting. Two months after they told me I was going to get an offer, I got an email saying that the position had been filled.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through online, had a phone screen then had a few interviews with team members in Brooklyn office. After two days I got an offer. A week later, they emailed me that this position was on hold due to their budget issue. Very unprofessional in their hiring process. Wouldn't recommend here.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty Straightforward interview. managers attempt to scare you away by labeling the bad about the job during the interview as a personal stress test. If you like working a structured 9-6 office job, this is the place for you!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, HR reached out to me to set up a call with the manager I would be reporting to if I got the job. I had a nice phone conversation with her and a few days later I was scheduled for a video conference with more members of the marketing team.

Interview Questions

• How much I knew about the 3D Printing Industry and how MakerBot has been working to distinguish themselves in the market   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Right from the very start you get a sense of ease. I was contacted by MakerBots recruiter. We scheduled an interview time and from there it was a piece of cake. My email was detailed and told me what I could expect.

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Makerbot (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard process but was asked more general questions than task related. Interview lasted not more than 30 minutes. Overall setting was relaxed and interviewer was pleasant. But interview was conducted in an open space (meaning you could see employees walking around) which could be really distracting or they might be testing applicants focus skills.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was asked a little bit about class projects as well as my experience with 3D printers. It was pretty casual overall, just two 30-45 minute phone interviews with mechanical engineers. After a few weeks I was contacted by phone and told I got the internship and that I'd have couple of weeks to decide to take it or not.

Interview Questions

• What's an idea you've had to improve 3D printers you've used?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Makerbot (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone and I was asked basic questions about myself. After the phone screening I was asked to come in for a face to face which was pretty laid back with two people from the accounting department and then another from the HR department.