Makita U.S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Makita U.S.A. Interview Questions

Interviews at Makita U.S.A.

2.7

Sort:

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A. (Birmingham, AL) in January 2009.

Interview

Had 1 interview and was hired. Interview took about 2 hours. Met with 1 American and 2 Japanese. No unexpected questions. Very businesslike meeting with very little banter. The American conducted the interview. The Japanese asked 1 question each. Interview was conducted in a motel conference room.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was not negotiatable.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A. (Orange, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

they did not even look at my work and asked me a ton of questions that my resume clearly stated, it was extremely embarrassing for them to not be prepared for a position that has been vacant for months. I would suggest looking at people work and reading their resume before the interview begins because that will tell you the most about the developer.

Interview Questions

• "do you know how to do responsive design?"   1 Answer

Senior Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A. (La Mirada, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Good interview. I came in for an initial face to face interview with the Associate Manager and went back in for a second round interview with 2 more people (including Lead Developer and Marketing Director). The entire process was long, about 2 months from when I first sent an application to when they made the decision. Although I did not get an offer, their salary range was much lower than anticipated, which would've made it difficult to accept anyway. Not getting this job was a blessing in disguise as I found a better opportunity not long after. And, I have to say, two months later, they are advertising the same position again, which proves their turnover is high as stated in some reviews.

Interview Questions

• They tested my knowledge of responsive design. Most of the technical questions came from the Lead Developer. The interviewers were polite and professional.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A. (La Mirada, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call. I was asked to critique the current website at the time, in addition to providing information about my professional experience. Quickly got a second in-person interview. Within two weeks I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a ton of design questions. Really specific basic design questions.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A. (La Mirada, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The person interviewing me was easy to talk to and get along with. Very professional and enjoyed being asked questions. The staff at the front desk and a few of the employees were very friendly and helpful. Overall my first impression of this company was it is a professional workplace but there is also a great atmosphere with the people involved here. I felt as if this position was more for those who want a steady job, when I compare it to professional design agencies like Envoy, Column Five, etc.

Interview Questions

• How much real world experience do you have with advertising and creating large images?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A..

Interview

Surprise panel interview. General questions, no tricks. Out of 3 interviewers and 1 recruiter, no one got back to me regarding hiring me or not hiring me. Total waste of time, a very big disappointment from such a big name company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult was asked.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A..

Interview

Applied online and got a call from one of the managers asking to meet for an interview at Home Depot (this is where the work of the position takes place) Met for a basic interview and thenfollowed up with a letter. Got a call approximately 10-14 days later offering me the job pending a background check and check of my driving record.

Negotiation

No negotiating, the salary is what it is and you can get a little extra if you are bi-llngual.

Trade Show Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A. (La Mirada, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A quick phone interview with the recruiter, then face to face with the hiring manager. Last step is with the Director of Marketing. Then they will send you an offer letter. Please read it careful.

Read the job description carefully, pay attention to the weight requirement. Also, they do about 80+ shows a year. No staff, just you.

Interview Questions

• Experience? Portfolio and describe your tactics at planning and executing events.   Answer Question

Demand Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A. (La Mirada, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three interviews-- phone first, in person interview twice. The first interview was standard-- tell me about your experience. Second interview was a behavioral interview. Third interview required an Excel test and to meet the team

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that you are good at and why you are good at it   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Makita U.S.A. (La Mirada, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview started with a third party recruiter, a 30-45 minute phone interview basically covering skills, past experiences and whatnot. Next step is an in-person with hiring manager, for 3+ hours going over various aspect of what the hiring manager expects from the hire and the position. Very direct line of questions, not overtly difficult, mostly trying to get a sense of your particular management style.

The third party recruiter did her best to prep you for the interview, but there's some disconnect between the hiring manager and the recruiter, in that what was told to me prior to the interview as to what the hiring manager is looking for does not "jive" with what the hiring manager is looking for. Probably the reason why, after 3.5 months, the position is still open and they're still looking, despite the desperation in the hiring manager's tone of questioning as to the importance to this particular position.

Interview Questions

• The question was prefaced with, "this is not a trick question," probably a good indication that it IS going to be a trick question. It was asked what my ideal weekly working hours are like. The actual answer they were looking for was "I'll work however long it requires to finish the job" rather than "Probably anywhere from 45-50 hours a week, max."   Answer Question