Mall of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mall of America

2.4

Patrol Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

it was a 3 round interview process. Pretty Basic. They reviewed your qualifications to see if you were a good fit. There were two people in the interview process, both Lieutenants for the Mall of America. They made it not too intimidating, so i felt pretty comfortable during the process. the last thing you do is write a Page on what integrity means you you, and write down any examples of personal experiences you've had with an integrity situation.

Character Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mall of America (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

It was really fun! It was basically a big acting audition. We had to act out different characters to show how we would make them move. I also auditioned for a Flash Mob role, so we had to learn a short, 30 second dance. It took about an hour for the whole thing and it was really fun because it was a group interview! Don't apply for this job if you don't want to act silly!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

Two interviews with two managers and then two higher ups. Overall, pretty positive! The questions were pretty basic. Tell me about your self, tell me a time when...etc. The process took quite a long time for o my being two interviews but otherwise I would say it was an okay process.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

It was easy. Very basic interview questions (you can Google them). The process was completed with HR, not supervisors or managers so if you have questions or concerns regarding the role you're applying for, you can still ask but just know that the answers you get will be a general answer and not one derived from experience.

Interview Questions

• What do would you say are some of your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mall of America in February 2013.

Interview

I was called one time, had a short phone interview, then asked to come in for a face to face interview. After that interview I was told I would be contacted with any further information, when I was called they asked me to come in for a second interview. The second interview was literally just the HR rep asking me if I would accept the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time where you made a mistake, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

I was very nervous at first but it went smoothly. I think it helped that I had previous cashier experience, because most of the questions were based on things that happened in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe an situation when you have given or received great customer service.   Answer Question
    • A customer wants to buy 2 Campfire Mochas for $4.50 each. They pay with a $20 and want $1 of their change in quarters. What kind of change would you give them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

Google 'interview questions.' I promise you, it will be the same. Same ol' boring questions that have absolutely nothing to do with the job. What would you say is your weakest... what would you say is your strongest... why do you think we should hire you? It didn't take too long and it was easy. If you've been through interviews before, it's the sane thing. Took no longer than 30 minutes and the 2nd interview, I was offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a 'your pay will be...' do you accept?

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I went to a job fair that they held for positions around the mall of america. They had two layers to the job fair. You signed up at a computer that they had out, waited in a seating area, interviewed once and if they liked you, got passed on to a second interview. They called me a couple days later asking for another interview. When I got there, there wasn't even another interview, they just said they would like to hire me and I signed all the papers and whatnot.

Interview Questions

• How would you brighten someone's day?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you didn't have anyone to help and had some spare time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

After I submitted my application online I was emailed withing that about contacting someone for an interview. The first step is to set up a time to come in and have a group interview with other potential employees. Before you leave that day you can set up a time for a solo interview. When I came in for my solo interview, the lady whom I had contacted about setting up a time said that they were going to bypass my solo interview and I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• The Mall of America as a motto. Be Friendly, Responsible and Energetic. Me and 2 other girls had to answer 3 questions each involving using one of the 3 mottos. There was always a math question. This was just to make sure that you could do basic math at the cash register.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I also have an internship that I work from 10-2 on weekdays and they we're really nice in helping me figure out a schedule around that. I now work evenings to closing.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mall of America (Bloomington, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on the moajobs.com website. It was very easy to fill out a profile and even easier to apply to multiple positions.
    A couple days later got a call for an interview
    At the interview, the interviewer was very friendly and genuinely wanted to help me and thought I was an excellent candidate for multiple positions. He asked me which ones I wanted to try to get hired for first in terms of priority and I chose caribou worker however the recruiter had no power to hire me for it.
    Unfortunately, caribou didn't want me so I went with cashier instead. I got invited for a second interview a few days later which actually turned out to be me getting my offer letter and going over new hire paperwork.
    After signing the new hire paperwork, I was told to go to LabCorp within the next few days to complete a drug test and a background check was also done on me.
    Orientation was the week after the drug test

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell of a time when you had an angry customer? How did you handle the situation.   1 Answer