Malvern Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Malvern Instruments Interview Questions

2.8

US Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Malvern Instruments (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Concise and very professional. First it was a phone screening and the had to fly to Houston from Dallas for a panel interview. The whole process was took from the phone interview to the one and one panel interview around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• How could I improve their existing communication and new product introduction process.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Malvern Instruments in February 2014.

Interview

Even for field positions, I recommend in-office interviews to get a true sense of the company and employee culture. I felt like the whole process was rushed through without the necessary attention to detail. Management prides itself on "family-like culture" but takes itself too seriously at times.

Interview Questions

• Written logic test and online personality test required.   Answer Question

Low compensation package

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Malvern Instruments (Westborough, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online, phone screen with hiring manager. Personal interview with hiring manager and two senior managers (in sequence).

Interview Questions

• why do you want this position?   1 Answer
    • Do you know about our industry and products?   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Malvern Instruments (Westborough, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Pleasant interviews. 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Meet the full range of Managers. They seam very professional and focused. Not particularly hard questions but probing. Off space was quiet with low cubes with some personal touches.

Office staff did not respond or say hello and seamed busy. This was in July, 2010.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? Would you like to be a manager?   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Malvern Instruments (Malvern, England (UK)).

Interview

One phone interiview (~15-20mins), followed by an on-site interiew (~2h). The technical questions involved a word counting algorithm, as well as some questions that required hexadecimal numeracy. I also presented a personal software project. The interviewers were friendly and polite, and the overall process was fairly straightforward. The panel consisted of people with varied specialties, while afterwards I got to meet the team members I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Malvern Instruments in November 2013.

Interview

Two in person interviews - one checking general background and suitability for the role. The second consisted of a presentation on social media strategy. There was also a psychometric test to determine working style/preferences and fit with the current team.