Man Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.2

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

A PM called me, and the whole interview lasted about 30 minutes. First asked why I apply to their company, then a couple of questions on my resume then the APAM model. At last, let me asked two questions and he took about 10 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume, asked about CPAM model, bond math, GARCH model.   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer Interview

Interview

Two rounds. First one is easy on the phone. Second is a superday with eight interviews of 15 mins, numerical and verbal shl tests, and a 1h group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Everything was asked. Be prepared it is a very comprehensive and stressful process.   Answer Question

Developer Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

Had to present myself to people in Switzerland via Video conference

Interview Questions

• Multiple technology and domain knowledge experience of financial industry   1 Answer
    • Remote Phone questions over Video conferences   1 Answer

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview consisted in a programming assignment, with one question covering basic algorithms and the other covering some SQL. What matters the most is the quality of the code, which needs to be production-grade (including the tests).

After the review of the homework, I was invited for a telephone interview where I was asked about the homework, and how can I improve what I've done (time / space complexity, number of lines of code etc). Then we discussed about some more programming concepts like algorithms and data structures, and several Python-specific questions.

After two days, I was invited to their London Office for an in-person interview session.
    There, I had three more interviews. If you are from London, they usually do them separately.

The first was a technical interview with two engineers, and I was asked more in-depth questions regarding complexity and data structures. I was also asked about the internals of the Python interpreter and some Linux commands. Even if I got a little stuck on some questions, the interviewers were not bothered and helped me arrive to the correct solution.

Then, there was a programming interview, where I was given a problem and had to design and test a working solution. They were expecting the same production-grade code, along with comments, unit tests and everything. The interviewers were very helpful and they explained the task precisely, clarifying any question I had.

The last interview was with the Manager that supervises the internship program, and we discussed about my interests in the company, why would I like to work there and we had a pleasant chat about technology. He's a very cool guy.

Overall it was a very well organised process.

Interview Questions

• Implement a weighted probability choice function in Python (like numpy.choice())   Answer Question

Data Analyst - PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds with a brief pre-round discussion with HR on motivation and experience. The first round is an interview with a senior project manager where they will discuss the role and walk through your CV. The second round consisted of two parts, where the first part of the interview was with the Head of Financial Technology and the second part with the Junior Project Manager that you would be directly working with. The first part was case type interview on how you would prepare a yearly budget and prioritise across different projects. The second part was a competency type interview. The third and final round of the interview is with the CTO.

Interview Questions

• Why Man Group?
      What do you know about Man Group?
      Give an example from your experience where you needed to solve a problem with data?
      What are the main cost drivers to consider for a technology project budget?
      What could impact the outcome of the budget?
      What external factors could impact the outcome of a budget? (i.e FX changes)
      How would you prioritise the budget across several projects?
      How would you gather information from all the project managers?
      How would you communicate with the project managers?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Man Group.

Interview

Eight back to back interviews with firm seniors in different forms followed by group exercise in the afternoon and a presentation with your group members. People are friendly there. The lunch was great.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The first round was a one hour phone interview. This discussed the CV, role and asked a number of technical and business related questions and gave the opportunity to ask questions. The second round interview was a two hour onsite consisting of a 45 minute coding exercise with a 30 minute review and a code review of some bad code.

Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Arranged by a recruiter, I had three 1:1 interviews with Man AHL. The first one with the head of fixed income. Questions are about number estimations, solving simple equations, binary search algorithm etc; the second one was with a guy from asset management. 1/3 questions about cv and competency; 1/3 questions about the basics of financial markets (what is future, option, volatility); 1/3 brain teasers (estimate the length of equator); the last one was with a technical guy. He prepared to ask me questions on python and time series. As I know neither of them, the interview finished quite soon. I could answer the mathematical and competency questions but failed to impress in business/practical discussion as they told me I was doing my own calculation. No offer, but great lesson.

Java Developer Interview

Interview

Core java questions, focussing on understandings of different data structures and jvm internals. Questions included differences between ArrayList, LinkedList and choices for using each as well as financial questions on derivatives markets and commodities.

Interview Questions

Interview

2 phone interviews

Interview Questions

• What do you think is a sound strategy to change our current corporate structure to improve performance?   Answer Question