ManTech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.6

Recruiter/Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ManTech (Herndon, VA).

Interview

In October 2015, I applied for a Recruiting position. Less than a week later, I was emailed to schedule a phone interview. I replied with times and ManTech recruiter never reached out to confirm or discuss another time. I emailed back and and recruiter replied apologizing and agreeing to find another time. I offered another time/day, and again no reply or phone call.

Months later, in January 2017, I applied for an HR position. It was a different person to reach out to me but this time there was no email. I was called out of the blue to discuss position. Person was polite but not engaging and subtly questioning my career choice. I was then invited for an in person interview but recruiter wanted me to come in the next day. That proved difficult but we discussed a possible time for the next day to meet. She stated she was going to call me back later in the day to confirm whether that afternoon time would work. I received no phone call or email.

Unfortunately, my two experiences with ManTech has proved to be unprofessional. However, I'm sure different locations provide different experiences for applicants.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your time off?
      Why did you pick HR?
      Do you have experience with Excel/HR software?
      Answer Question

Malware Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ManTech (Dulles, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set me up with a phone screen. We talked for a bit and he asked me basic questions like what relevant experience do you have and asked about projects on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your projects. What experience do you have?   Answer Question

Junior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ManTech (Stafford, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to set up phone interview. Had one phone interview and an HR phone call and the process was complete. Questions were straight forward about the position.

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience relative to the position.   Answer Question

Senior Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ManTech.

Interview

This position was discovered through networking and considering the unique nature of the position, I was already known to have the skills needed to fulfill the role. An interview was not necessary. I simply had to complete the formalities of determining pay and filling out application/on-boarding paperwork.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ManTech (Killeen, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Put candidates at ease: Interviewing can be stressful, so do your best to help candidates relax. Make sure each candidate is greeted and escorted, if necessary, to the interview location. Start with low-key questions.
    Don't judge on first impressions: We've all met them -- people who don't make a great first impression but end up being great employees. To make sure you don't overlook these diamonds in the rough, withhold judgment until you've had the chance to thoroughly evaluate a candidate's capabilities and potentia

Contract Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ManTech in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called for interview. One of the hiring managers makeup kept distracting my train of thought. Neither manager gave off a friendly vibe, stone cold faces. Both seemed very over the whole interview process, felt like they wanted to kick me out asap. Made me extra excited to walk out the door and never come back.

Senior Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ManTech in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was a panel comprised of 3 people who asked various management type questions. Many of the questions were scenario with very little background information which could lead to pitfalls of overthinking the question. I asked several times for more clarity.

Interview Questions

• How would you divide travel among the team?   1 Answer

Personnel Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ManTech (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, phone call from a recruiter to schedule interview, inteviewed 2 days later with hiring managers onsite. Quick and eager to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• How my background could apply to the open position.   1 Answer

Principal Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ManTech (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with panel of subject matter experts from various disciplines. Questions ranged from technical, to personality and values, to salary expectations, to career goals. Focus was as much on acquiring a positive team player with dedicated strong work ethic as with gaining a technical expert in the related field. Panel also is looking for people who wish to grow professionally.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ManTech.

Interview

Pre-hire interviews will ask your salary. Once you are offered the position, they will lowball the salary to the absolute minimum you said you were looking for with no flexibility. My recruiter got very angry when I attempted to negotiate and would not budge. I was applying for a new position within the company, and the recruiter's rude attitude was the main point I turned down a transition to a new position and ultimately left the company.