Management Sciences for Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Cambridge, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

Initial contact after employee referral for position. A screening document was sent ahead of the phone interview to gauge interest and experience in field. Phone screening was brief and to the point. Was mainly to get background information and direction of interest. ASked about salary preferences.

Senior Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Arlington, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied for a job online. Used network/contact to put in a good word so that my profile would stand out. That procured a phone interview almost immediately (power of networking, as they say). The initial phone interview was very short - simply to gauge my interest in the position and cover my basic questions on the scope of work. Two weeks later - I was called in for a in-person interview with a panel. This lasted about an hour - consisting of behavioral type questions to gauge my interest and fit for the position. Everyone on the panel was very warm - and it felt like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences with this technical issue (provided an example).   Answer Question

Senior Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

It was long and there were a lot of steps: phone interviews, in-person interviews, presentations, video interviews. I was shocked at the carelessness of the people involved in the process when I was copied on an internal email with comments from interviewers about the candidates. It was very unprofessional and sloppy. Some of the comments were completely inappropriate and there were no consequences for the people involved. That was a red flag!

Interview Questions

• Nothing special in terms of the questions. The most important things was to prepare a presentation of my proposed strategy for the business unit.   1 Answer

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, then was flown to Boston to be interviewed in person, and did a written test. I met with a lot of people. Some individuals and some in groups.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated more salary

Project Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Medford, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was contacted a week after submitting my application to schedule an interview. I had an in person interview with the hiring manager and someone who is currently in the role. French is required for the position so half of the interview took place in French and then afterward there was a written translation test. About a week later I was contacted for another interview, this time over Skype. A week after this they asked for my references, and after another week gave me an offer.

Project Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview, 2 in person meetings and there was a french test at the end of the interviews which took about 30 minutes. Overall it was well organized and I was able to learn a lot about the company, industry, and interview panel.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Public Health?   1 Answer

MEC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I had two interviews, I think. A grad-school colleague who worked at MSH shared my resume with her boss. Shortly after, HR contacted me to schedule an interview. The first interview was with the M&E and communications team (5 people I think), and the second interview (I think the following week?) was with the M&E Director. They called to make an offer a few days later. I tried to negotiate up, but they wouldn't budge.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the transition from research/academia to applied work.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in January 2010.

Interview

Communications were poor--this is an organization with the worst HR department there is. HR is not paid well, and also attracts incompetent people. The team dynamics of the panel was great, but they clearly did not communicate with each other and asked the same questions over and over again. HR contacts you, does a brief screening interview, passes your information on to the hiring panel, they decide whether to call you in, and HR is supposed to set up an interview. However, if they forget, it looks like you decided not to show up. There are no consequences for mistakes in this organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR should never be the one to offer a salary, as they know nothing about how to do the job being offered. A hiring supervisor or manager should be the one to make offers and negotiate. HR lacks coordination skills in this, and ALWAYS low-balls everyone. Most entry level people are so desperate for a job that they accept $36K/year. Who can live on that? Once you accept a low salary, you have really put yourself in the gutter for future salary jumps especially with any USAID contractor thereafter. Don't do it.

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (Nigeria)) in February 2013.

Interview

They asked basic interview questions about the role and told me about the project and the company. They asked questions about my previous organizations and what I can do for them.

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health (Virginia (South Africa)).

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter and all went well though i wasn't given a job i felt the interviewer was very kind and professional. She was able to walk me through the urgency of that particular position.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview question that i think didn't give me the job was whether i am i am available within two weeks or not   1 Answer