Management Sciences for Health Program Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Management Sciences for Health Program Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at Management Sciences for Health

1 Interview Review

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Sciences for Health in May 2015.

Interview

Extremely scatterbrained, dysfunctional recruiting process.

Early May: MSH recruiter contacts me for phone screen regarding open position. They seemingly like what they hear, and ask me if I would be available for an interview.I live out of the area, but I mention that I'll actually be visiting Washington DC during the next week and could make time to come in then. MSH recruiter says that works and that he'll get back to me with a specific time, he never responds back. I assume they aren't interested, I take my trip to DC as planned.

Two weeks later: A second MSH rep, from the same office, contacts me about a second position. I apparently again pass the phone screen, as they ask for an interview, and after mentioning what happened with the first recruiter/interview, they offer to do a Skype interview instead. They send me a list of dates/times and I quickly reply back that most of them work for me and I'll do it at their convenience.

The next two weeks: the MSH recruiter continues to respond tardily to my confirmation emails, meaning that the proposed interview date gets pushed back multiple times. Since this is getting ridiculous and I want to come off like the likeable, flexible job candidate, I finally just tell her to pick a day and time that works on their end and that I will make sure that I'm available. Finally we settle on a time the following Monday morning.

The Friday afternoon before the interview: I receive a confirmation email for the recruiter, stating the date, time, who I'm supposed to be meeting with, and what time I'm expected to be in Washington DC. Shocked, I quickly respond back and say that I was under the impression that this would be a Skype interview, that last minute flight/accommodations are expensive, and that I had offered to do an in-person while I'd been in DC a couple weeks before , etc.

Monday morning: I finally get a clarification email from the recruiter, who apologizes for the confusion. At this point I'd already been offered and accepted a better-paying, better-fitting position elsewhere, so I was only doing the MSH interview for extra practice. The interview itself lasts an hour, followed by a language exam they ask you to perform while still on Skype that takes approximately another 45 minutes. I submit the exam, they tell me they'll be contacting me in a couple weeks either way.

Mid-July: Absolutely no contact from MSH, and very glad I found a better opportunity elsewhere.