Manatt Phelps & Phillips Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.9

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After a series of interviews and affirmations, they completely strung me along. After waiting weeks for an answer, I was sent a mere form email declining interest. It was completely unprofessional and a disgusting way to conduct recruiting.

Interview Questions

• One female partner asked me (and then berated me) for not having enough "leadership" experience.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for the summer analyst position for Summer 2016. The process and timeline were never communicated to me so I was unclear at all times what the next step was. I had to pay for my own flights for both interviews in NY and SF. The all day interview in SF was 5 hours of back to back interviews with in person SF employees (who were great) and a few video interviews with NY people (who were not very nice). However, once I received the offer and started working the internship experience was great and nothing like the interview experience. I really enjoyed the internship and learned a ton and the people were really welcoming. I think it's important to talk to the people in the office in which you are intending to work to really get an idea of what the office culture is like.

Senior Analyst - Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Initially, I was contacted by recruiter to share a PowerPoint sample and all undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Once these materials were submitted, I was asked to schedule a phone interview with a Manatt staff member. This was a pleasant experience and I enjoyed the conversation. I then proceeded on to an in-person interview where I met with six different staff -- four in-person and two via video conference. This lasted about four hours. Quite intense. Be prepared to interact with multiple personalities and sit for the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Describe the five most important milestones of your life to date.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips.

Interview

This interview was extremely easy, not challenging at all. I walked in the office got greeted by the receptionist. A few minutes later met with the person who would be interviewing me. Not many questions from her part but more of speaking about the role. The interview went well, at least I thought it did, but I never got a follow up email after the interview. This shows the lack of professionalism this company has. Not getting an offer is completely fine, however it is professional to email interviewers that they did not make it to the next round etc.

Interview Questions

• how did you like your university?
      What do you like to do on your spare time?
      Answer Question

Senior Analyst - Health Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviews were straightforward - standard questions on my background, interests, and career goals with a few behavioral questions. I interviewed in two rounds - both with three people each, each interview lasting 30 minutes. However, the interviews were not reflective of the intensity of the job. They should have included case studies, etc.

HR was also incredibly slow to respond.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple conflicting priorities at once? Describe your health policy interests.   Answer Question

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR. In-person meeting with HR, followed by interview with dept managers on same day. Follow-up written test interview for competency and basic attention to detail.

Government Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Met with the head of government affairs who described the interview as an "a**hole test" to see if I would fit with the culture, the team, and the process. Blunt and to the point, which was very refreshing - none of the typical fluffy interview questions ("if you were a fruit what kind of car would you drive?")

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was brought in by a partner so my interview was more or less a formality. Nonetheless it was pleasant, little or no testing, no difficult questions, and the overall atmosphere was fairly informal. I interviewed with the attorneys I would be working for first, and then with Human Resources once the attorneys indicated their approval.

Interview Questions

• Will you be challenged enough?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. They called the day after the interview and made a reasonable offer, which I accepted.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manatt Phelps & Phillips (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

2 interviews

Interview Questions

With the current economy, I was afraid of a layoff.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Interview

I had one interview with the supervisor of the Manatt Help Desk. The position is contracted through Teksystems, so my recruiter did the initial meet and greet.