Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Group Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

Very professional interview. The two supervisors that interviewed me were genuinely looking for quality members to add to their team. They had that generic interview questions pack that everyone else is talking about, but they often asked questions outside of the packet. I said to myself, "Finally! I'm being interviewed by supervisors that know what they want and ask legitimate questions about the position!" Although I wasn't selected to continue, I was very happy with how professional and genuine the interview went. I've been in interviews where the supervisors would just read from the packet, text while I was talking, and were overall unprofessional. An interview is a two way street and you need to observe how the supervisors are interviewing you. If they seem uninterested and are reading from the generic questions packet, then they probably have a poor team built. This means that their teem won't progress in the company and neither will you. You want managers like these. It is obvious that these two supervisors know what they want and have a strong team behind them. I wish more interviewers would follow in their footsteps.

Interview Questions

• The generic questions packet, but they frequently went strayed from that and asked me other questions. They really dug to see if I am what they wanted.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

Just pretty much wanted to get to know about yourself and your background, it's a plus if you are already in the same company and if you have Front Desk and Group Services Experience

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online externally on Workday. A week or so later, I received emails explaining that the interview will be held online and I had to record myself answering pre-written questions. I had time to prepare, and the website provided me with some practice questions to answer.
    After I submitted my recorded interview, they called me back a few days later saying that I got the job and there will be an orientation before the season starts.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words.   Answer Question
    • Do you have your Lifeguard certification AND First-Aid/CPR certification? (Yes, you need both) If not, are you able to obtain it soon?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

MRE Event Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

In person interview that the Manager read from a packet and filled out as I answered. It was very in-personal and I could tell from the moment the interview started that the position was already filled and she was interviewing me because she was required to. Not a great experience and made me feel like I was wasting this persons time.

Interview Questions

• Many, many generic questions from basic interview packet. Nothing new or exciting.   1 Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

Put in application on company website. Got a call a few days later. Had 3 interviews within 5 days. It usually means you have the job but not this time.

Client Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interviewed with a panel who asked me multiple questions each. I then interviewed with the HR director and was provided with a knowledge test. One I completed the test I had to watch a video which provided a history of the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of difficult team member you had to work with and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with 2 members of the management team. Together we reviewed my resume and talked about what the team was looking for in a candidate. The interview lasted roughly 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what was my motivation and what i was passionate about.   Answer Question

SPA Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I got called the day after I applied which was fast. The manager took me to what looks like a newly renovated spa suite. She asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. Overall it wasnt good nor bad. She told me that the hr would contact me if I passed the interview, but never got called.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use your presentation skills to influence someone's opinion.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Standard interview that addressed general interview questions. Was in a room with one girl and another guy recording. Never heard anything back, thought that was very unprofessional. Interview was not too stressful.

Casino Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

After screening candidates, they are subjected to a three-step Interview, starting with an opening interview, a call back interview and an acceptance interview. The first interview is more of an introduction, informing the interviewee about the requirements of the job. The second interview inquires into what the interviewee can bring to the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you assist a disgruntled guest and rectify the situation?   Answer Question