Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.8

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

three interviews: one with direct supervisor/manager, one with the director from the department and one with human resources, then a urinary drug test and background check, after that job offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interviewer was late for close to an hour for the scheduled interview. However, she was quite friendly and was apologetic about it. Overall, the Interview process went quite smoothly.

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Miami, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

they sit you down and ask you questions about your serving experience, how many years, and a couple of scenarios and how you would react to them. this is just the first interview, there are a total of three interviews with three different managements

Interview Questions

• how do you react with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

The process takes one week, there is only one round of interview, and got rejected initially, but received a call back notifying that I got the offer. Overall the question is relatively standard, no hard questions.

General Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple Hills, MD

Interview

Greeting with a warm welcome upon hiring and being a good listener eye to eye contact ,send the energy and interest to the interviewer .becoming a team player in the hotel industry will be rewarding with this being said strength is essential with positive affirmations on a daily routine when interacting with employees or guessed.

Interview Questions

• A future interview for general maintenance position at the Mandarin oriental hotel will be rewarding for both the hotel and myself, my strength over the years has always been consistent and my completion of any project on a weekly or monthly term for the business.   Answer Question
    • I have 10 plus year in the hospitality dealing and providing exceptional customers service as general maintenance associate, from repairing or replacing personal property or business.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Three interviews total, with various levels of management. I dealt with some very nice people in HR. Management was definitely a little less nice to interact with. It felt like they were very busy and doing you a favor by getting you on their schedule.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Straightforward GM interview individual applicant and front desk manager interview group applicants, a lot of soft skill related questions and situational questions, be prepared to the group interview solve real world questions

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

sent in resume & they called me back for internship
    wanted to discuss my previous experience and what specific jobs the intern does for the company
    small office - only three people work there

Interview Questions

• What about Mandarin Oriental interests you? Do you work well in teams?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group in August 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with HR, Director of the Department, Hotel Manager. Everybody was super friendly. No difficult questions (all very typical) - tell about yourself, examples from your previous job, why did you choose us and so on. They are looking not only for relevant experience but for right person.

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group.

Interview

Three interviews, one with HR Manager, one with HR Director, one with General Manager. The second and third interviews are easy, cause they did most of the talking by introducing the company, the position, the team, and casual chatting. Not a very professional interview experience. When I asked about company benefits after the offer, they started beat around the bush, declined to tell me my compensation package.