Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2013.

Interview

There are four different interview process. I applied online first with one hour personality test. Then I got called from hr and schelched me an interview. Then I continually interview with department head, food and beverage director. Then end up With general manager. The interview process was very smooth and easy. People from mandarin are very friendly.

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

First interview with the Restaurant manager - direct supervisor about my professional background and experience. Second round was with Director of F&B and Director of HR. Last interview was with the GM of the hotel. Each lasted for at least 45min.

SPA Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview is with a spa supervisor and an HR rep. Second interview is with spa manager and spa supervisor. Third interview is with spa director. Fourth interview is with hotel's GM.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

SPA Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group.

Interview

I applied to this job online in January and when I called a few days later to check the process of my application no one answered. I waited a couple more and still no answer. I made plenty of calls and emails and never received any word from them, not even to say The weren't interested.

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

There is an initial 30 minute phone screening, followed by an in-person interview with a hiring manager in your department. I was invited back later to interview with HR manager, then last the assistant general manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a guest.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

The process takes one week, there is only one round of interview, and got rejected initially, but received a call back notifying that I got the offer. Overall the question is relatively standard, no hard questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

sent in resume & they called me back for internship
    wanted to discuss my previous experience and what specific jobs the intern does for the company
    small office - only three people work there

Interview Questions

• What about Mandarin Oriental interests you? Do you work well in teams?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

three interviews: one with direct supervisor/manager, one with the director from the department and one with human resources, then a urinary drug test and background check, after that job offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interviewer was late for close to an hour for the scheduled interview. However, she was quite friendly and was apologetic about it. Overall, the Interview process went quite smoothly.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process took over 3 weeks. You first meet with HR, then Exec Chef, then F&B Director and maybe even the AGM or GM of the hotel. If you pass all that, you must pass a drug test and a tasting.