Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.8

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

three interviews: one with direct supervisor/manager, one with the director from the department and one with human resources, then a urinary drug test and background check, after that job offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The Interviewer was late for close to an hour for the scheduled interview. However, she was quite friendly and was apologetic about it. Overall, the Interview process went quite smoothly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

The process takes one week, there is only one round of interview, and got rejected initially, but received a call back notifying that I got the offer. Overall the question is relatively standard, no hard questions.

General Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple Hills, MD

Interview

Greeting with a warm welcome upon hiring and being a good listener eye to eye contact ,send the energy and interest to the interviewer .becoming a team player in the hotel industry will be rewarding with this being said strength is essential with positive affirmations on a daily routine when interacting with employees or guessed.

Interview Questions

• A future interview for general maintenance position at the Mandarin oriental hotel will be rewarding for both the hotel and myself, my strength over the years has always been consistent and my completion of any project on a weekly or monthly term for the business.   Answer Question
    • I have 10 plus year in the hospitality dealing and providing exceptional customers service as general maintenance associate, from repairing or replacing personal property or business.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

sent in resume & they called me back for internship
    wanted to discuss my previous experience and what specific jobs the intern does for the company
    small office - only three people work there

Interview Questions

• What about Mandarin Oriental interests you? Do you work well in teams?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group in August 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with HR, Director of the Department, Hotel Manager. Everybody was super friendly. No difficult questions (all very typical) - tell about yourself, examples from your previous job, why did you choose us and so on. They are looking not only for relevant experience but for right person.

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group.

Interview

Three interviews, one with HR Manager, one with HR Director, one with General Manager. The second and third interviews are easy, cause they did most of the talking by introducing the company, the position, the team, and casual chatting. Not a very professional interview experience. When I asked about company benefits after the offer, they started beat around the bush, declined to tell me my compensation package.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Overall it was very easy. They asked the basic interview questions - where do you see yourself in 5 years, why this internship positions, any challenges you have had either in a workplace or team project, and how you manage your weaknesses.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Expect to walk 20 minutes between the parking lot and security. They warn you upfront there will be 4-5 interviews - HR, direct supervisor, department head and then the GM - all scheduled on different days. My process was pushed thru because of the department head, but normally it lasts a few weeks minimum. From what I understand, they also pay below market value. There is also a 2-3 day move-in program that is mandatory.

Interview Questions

• 1) what makes you want to work at MOLAS?
      2) Why do you think you'll be a good match?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick not very personal
    read interview question right from a book
    Met the manager and recruiter at the hotel location
    The meeting was in the lobby of the hotel so there was noise and lots of people around i felt the recruiter and manager couldnt focus
    I went through two over the phone interviews before coming in

Interview Questions

• what are your strengths?
      what can you contribute to this company?
      what are your weaknesses
      would your past employers recommend you and what would they say   Answer Question