Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group

2.8

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Phillipines, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (The Phillipines, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

they just ask some personal things like what is my former job where do am i willing to work if holidays are coming like new years Christmas and many many more.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work for holidays   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Three interviews total, with various levels of management. I dealt with some very nice people in HR. Management was definitely a little less nice to interact with. It felt like they were very busy and doing you a favor by getting you on their schedule.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group in August 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with HR, Director of the Department, Hotel Manager. Everybody was super friendly. No difficult questions (all very typical) - tell about yourself, examples from your previous job, why did you choose us and so on. They are looking not only for relevant experience but for right person.

Training & Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2010.

Interview

* Sending my resume via email to HR Director
    * HR Director called to set up a date for pre eliminatory phone interview
    * Phone interviewed
    During the interviewed, the HR Director was very friendly and approachable, asked me a lot of questions and gave me information regarding the company. In general it was a very good phone interviewed.

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group.

Interview

Three interviews, one with HR Manager, one with HR Director, one with General Manager. The second and third interviews are easy, cause they did most of the talking by introducing the company, the position, the team, and casual chatting. Not a very professional interview experience. When I asked about company benefits after the offer, they started beat around the bush, declined to tell me my compensation package.

Manager, Hotel Reception Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

the communication was horrible. Did not hear back from HR, not even to say someone else was selected. Not even a generic email.
    No response to emails I sent either. its for the best, first impressions are lasting impressions.

IRD Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Miami, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

I contacted then in person (Walk in). I got an interview in the next week, with the Assistant Manager. Then next day with the Manager, and then with HR Manager and finnally with GM. Then I started the regular process (drug test, background, etc). After a week of training I started my job.

Interview Questions

• None, they have the stanndard questions: tell me you experience, why would you like to work for us, etc).   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very smooth, not stressful.

Doorperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

There is a three part interview: one with the HR coordinator, one with the respective department manager, and one with the general manager. Once you conduct the first interview, you'll be called back for a second with the department manager (unless they are available at that moment) and they will hold one. The last interview with the general manager had a week gap in between the first two. So if eager, this might be a possibility.

SPA Service Provider Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview with Spa Director, Interview with Human Resources Director, Interview with General Manager. Started with the Director of Spa, then to Human Resources, and finally meeting the General Manager. They all had unique questions and were all very professional.

Recruitment Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

Several in person interviews with the Human Resources team, operational management team and the General Manager. Total of 5 interviews. The process took about 2 months before the offer was extended.

Interview Questions

• What will be your recruitment strategy for the Mandarin Oriental?   Answer Question