Manhattan Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Manhattan Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The interview process happened very quickly. It started when I went to an information session thrown at my school. The next day, the representatives reached out to me via email asking if I could schedule an interview. Soon after, we figured out a suitable time and I interviewed with them. The interview itself was fairly difficult. They broke it up into two parts -- one where a representative got to know you, and another where they asked logical questions.

Interview Questions

• How many restaurants are in Atlanta and how did you come to this conclusion?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

General behavioral questions of how I add value to Manhattan, examples of what I've done or what I would do in certain situation followed by a couple of technical questions relating to entry level programming concepts such as deadlocks, method overriding, databases, etc.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that checks if a string is a palindrome.   1 Answer

Senior Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates in February 2016.

Interview

2 round of technical interview and one round of HR. They wii lladd more technical interview if they have to confirm. Need to prepare about the projects that you have done

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the last project and scenario based questions   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied during the Georgia Tech Career Fair, heard from them 2-3 weeks later to set up an on campus interview. The interview is a mix of technical and behavioral on skills and languages on your resume. I received an offer but turned it down due to a better opportunity. The offer they gave was 18.00 dollars an hour.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates.

Interview

The interview process tests your behavioral and analytical skills in one go. You'll be asked the general set of questions, but you'll also have to solve a problem to test your technical abilities and showcase your thought process. This is certainly more difficult than your average interview, but it is appropriately difficult for the work you are being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• How many restaurants are in Atlanta, and what process will you use to make this estimate?   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I will start by saying that the interview process started out well. Everyone I spoke to during the process was friendly and professional. I applied from out of state so the process may not be typical. I applied online and received a call a few days later for a phone screen. There was about a month wait after that before moving to the next steps which was a phone interview with the hiring manager, another a week after that with another manager, another a week later with two other team members, followed by a Skype interview. I was then flown out to Atlanta for an on-site interview. I met with 7 people individually and was given a tour of the facilities. The offices are very nice and the company culture was presented well. The on-site visit occurred at the 2 month mark from application. A week after the interview I received a call from the HR contact to let me know that they had not made a decision yet and that she would hopefully have "good news" the next week. That point came and went so I sent a follow up email to which i received no response. During this time the job remained open and my online application status remained "under consideration" so I didn't write it off completely. About 2 weeks after my last follow up I received another offer and reached out for a status update. This time I received a reply that they were definitely still interested and the contact would call me the next day. I did not receive a call. I followed up the next week and received no call. At that point I checked the online status had been changed to "filled". I went ahead and accepted my other offer.

My biggest complaint about this process was what happened after the last interview - or rather what didn't happen. I do realize that often it is impractical for HR to send rejection notices to every job applicant, esp in the early stages. However, one would assume that if the company picks up the tab to fly you in for an interview that you are among the top few candidates. I don't think it would have been too much trouble for the HR contact to confirm that the position had been filled, or provide an updated hiring timeline, etc. Overall the process took a little over 3 months, which is somewhat ridiculous to me but I understand that it happens. It was a position I was very interested it and I was willing to relocate for. The lack of communication has left me a very poor impression of the company. This is a large enough company that they could have a standard form "thanks but no thanks" response drafted by their general counsel to avoid legal issues. Better yet, they could just muster up the professionalism and courtesy to reject candidates in a mature manner. It happens - we can't win them all. However, I made myself very available for their numerous interview steps and they in turn showed very little respect for my time in the end. This experience ended up feeling more like a bad online date that just disappears rather than saying "i'm just not that into you". We should all be adult enough to handle uncomfortable conversations - especially people that work in HR. I'm not even upset that I didn't get the position, but I am very annoyed that I wasted 3 months of my time getting the run around. I was very surprised that they flat out avoided me, and possibly gave me false impressions, because the HR contact had been very responsive and friendly until it appears I was not the chosen candidate. Who knows, maybe they still haven't made up their mind. Either way, I wasn't going to wait around any longer for confirmation.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I dropped my resume off at the job fair at school. I want to say about 3-4 weeks later someone from HR called me and asked if I wanted to interview. She then sent me a link to a pre-recorded video interview in which you get two attempts to submit your answer. The video recording was a bit odd, it started with basic general questions and then the last few questions were technical questions. Both web and high level questions. Like what is Javascript and what is polymorphism.

I thought I did bad but then I was contacted for a second interview in which the company flew me out to Atlanta. We stayed in a very nice hotel, the room was huge. We had dinner at the hotel where we got to meet with other consultants to discuss how Manhattan is.

The next day we drove to the office sat through a presentation and got interviewed by two developers. The first interview they ask you pretty simple Computer Science questions and basic find the error in the code. The second was a bit more extensive because they ask you in depth questions about the programming languages listed on your resume. Java is a must at this job so they grilled me on Java. Be very honest about your skills because the better you say you know something the more difficult the questions will be. It's suppose to be roughly two 30 min interviews but both my interviewers we awesome and we ended up talking about life and past projects.

They ask you for an up to date resume. Don't lie about your skill set they will know, one guy from my group got destroyed in his interview because he lied about the languages he knew.

Also learn Sql before the interview it literally takes less then a day to master basic queries.

Awesome company culture from what I've seen.

Interview Questions

• 1. Show the output of this code?   1 Answer
    • How would you count the number of nodes in a binary tree?   1 Answer
    • What are the major principles of Object oriented programming?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface class?   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between Final, Finally, and Finalize?   1 Answer

Pso Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates.

Interview

1 hour on campus interview, 1 hour on site interview and a 5 minute panel presentation. The on campus and on site interviews were mostly behavioral with a few "technical" questions thrown in. The panel was a presentation on a technical topic of your choice

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interviews were coordinated via email. I went through several phone calls and then was invited to the office. I felt comfortable and fortunate to have progressed thus far in the process.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like background, skills. And then behavioral questions about specific responsibilities and tasks on projects.   Answer Question

Customer Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manhattan Associates (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Had 2 one on one interviews with employees who came to campus for recruiting. Got an email the next day inviting me to their campus in Atlanta for a formal interview. Went to Atlanta 2 weeks later with a group of about 30 students from various schools. They had a dinner for us the night before where we got to mingle with current employees and other candidates. Then the next day we did a tour of the campus, 2 more one on one interviews, and a panel exercise that we were allowed to prepare for about 4 days beforehand. Overall great experience. Loved the people and am very excited to start there.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would design a (insert new invention here)?   1 Answer
    • How would you test a vending machine to make sure it works properly?   1 Answer