Manitoba Hydro-Electric Interview Questions in Winnipeg, MB | Glassdoor

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manitoba Hydro-Electric (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Core Competency profile; they ask specific behavioural questions and discuss roles and responsibilities within the team. Interviewed by 2 people. As I am already an employee, no extra stages were required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult decision and did not have a supervisor to discuss with. What did you do?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manitoba Hydro-Electric (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied. They gave me a call a couple of weeks later for an interview. Came in and talked for about 45 minutes. Questions were pretty difficult, but the process was painless.

Interview Questions

• Most of the difficult questions were personal based, such as, what you would do in certain situations.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Manitoba Hydro-Electric (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)).

Interview

Situational/Behavioural style interview questions. All questions are of style "tell me a story of a time when" type questions. If you arrive at an interview with an (informal) portfolio and repertoire of your past career or life experience successes you will be fine. Interviewers also tend to value institutional credentials over demonstrated work experience.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me an example of a time when you " ...   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manitoba Hydro-Electric (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was almost 1 hour interview. Manager ask me technical and situational questions. Manager also show me some blue prints to explain. He looks very calm and give me time to understand the questions .

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manitoba Hydro-Electric (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

The interviews I had at Hydro were all very professional and fair. I recommend everyone apply. They asked questions that mostly tested your personality as well as some technical knowledge. The interviewers were particularly interested in your communication skills, leadership ability, and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example where you showed leadership in a given situation.   Answer Question

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manitoba Hydro-Electric (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

Manitoba Hydro uses "Competency Based" interviewing methods. Interviews consist of a series of "Tell me a story" type questions. Candidates are selected based on their