Manitowoc Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Manitowoc Co. Interview Questions

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co..

Interview

The first call will be a corporate recruiter will call you to verify your qualifications, salary range and location desired.

Second round will be a phone interview will be scheduled with the hiring manager to discuss the position.

Third round will be an onsite interview. This visit will take several hours as it will include interviews with hiring manager, their managers/directors, perhaps the work team , a plant your and HR for a company and benefits overview.

The entire process could take several weeks due to the schedule of the hiring manager.

Manitowoc has a friendly atmosphere and the recruiter will keep you posted at every step.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked about what you know about the Company and its history.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer/Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co. in October 2014.

Interview

I got set up for an interview through a recruiting company. They called me asking me if i was interested in this position. The position required a lot of CAD work and to work on the production floor.
    The interview process started with a 15-20 minute call with the recruiter asking me about my experience and why I would qualify for this position. So after the interview, she asked for 3 references.
    I sent her the references. Then, i got a call from her asking me she would like to set me up for an interview with the hiring manager.
    A week later, I arrived for the interview. The recruiter was there. The manager later arrived to get me and we went to an office along with another manager. I sat on the chair and everyone was silent so I started the conversation. After explaining a little about myself they asked me a couple of questions but I was pretty much doing most of the talking. Halfway into the interview, the lady manager started playing on her phone while the guy manager kept yawning every few seconds. I just kept asking myself, am i really that boring?? Anyways, the interview room was reserved for about 2 hours and the interview actually only lasted about 20 minutes. I sort off knew there was going to be no offer because of the interest they showed in me halfway into the interview.

I contacted the recruiter a few days later and she told me that they didn't want to make an offer at this time because I had mentioned I didn't want to do any hands-on work. This is totally wrong and didn't make any sense because I told them I was very interested in being part of the production process, not just the design.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just basic stuff based on your resume. Just be prepared to talk and talk. They look for you to initiate the conversation.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manitowoc, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co. (Manitowoc, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

I had finished my 3rd interview, They told me that there's me and another candidate left. They would like to proceed to the final stage of background & reference check. How long does it usually take until they let you know you get an offer? What the chance of me getting the job?

Government Relations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co..

Interview

Approached by the company. Wanted to establish an office in DC to pursue federal contracts. one on one with CEO/Owner. Was not interested but they kept pursuing. There offer was too conservative. Made counter-offer which they scuffed at. Called two weeks later and accepted my offer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manitowoc, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co. (Manitowoc, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

I went through a phone interview with a recruiter, a local in-person interview, another phone interview with a manager in Florida, another interview with the recruiter and then I was flown to Wisconsin where I had to sit through 6 hours of interviews with 6 different people. And after all of that, I never even got the courtesy of a letter or email telling me I didn't get the job. What a total waste of time.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co. (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Interview was handled over 10 years ago when the company was a different type of company, but the interview was handled very well. Felt very easy going and were very clear about job duties and possibility of growing within the company. Process was quite short, interviewed with one person and another sat in on the interview. Never interviewed with HR, although now days I know the first interview is with HR.

Interview Questions

• What I did to go above and beyond for my previous company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quite easy being that I had been unemployed for a long time and was very willing to accept their first offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co. (New Port Richey, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Gave me a time guided schedule of people to talk to. Took me around, showed me the operations to see how well I comprehended. Interviewed with maybe 8 people, questions were easy but they are evaluating your knowledge of understanding.

Interview Questions

• Questions about electrical diagrams (basics of what was going on).
      Showed me code and asked if I understood it.
      Asked some very basic programming questions.
      1 Answer

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co. (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Met company execs @ a trade show for initial interview. This was followed up by Sales VP interview @ HQ and then long lunch "gang interview" with all of marketing then an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nearly every interviewer asked for a list of accomplishments from my past along with how I'd handle certain issues like customer problems.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief negotiation for additional vacation

Assembler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co..

Interview

Had two interviews, phone and face to face, it was technical in stuff and had two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• It was very technical in nature that requires a through knowledge of the profession.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyon (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manitowoc Co. (Lyon (France)) in January 2012.

Interview

1) Phone interview lasted 30 minutes with HR responsible for the recruitment.
    2) Meeting at the HQ. 40 minutes with the HR, 1 hour with the responsible of the department
    3) Very fast decision (2-3 days)

Interview Questions

• Very basic and typical questions. No traps.   1 Answer