Want a Free Job Posting?

Interviews for Top Jobs at Manning & Napier Advisors

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manning & Napier Advisors (Rochester, NY) in January 2011.

The interview consisted of meeting with the hiring management and a few peers. There were not a lot of detailed technical questions asked but rather more general personality as well as thought process. They asked about previous work experiences and projects. Overall the interview was low stress and very friendly. I was very impressed with work environment and culture...people seemed very dedicated and committed but not overly stressed and enjoyed their work.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation between you and go co-worker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiations went very well and I was able to negotiate and acceptable salary. I was not able to negotiate any additional vacation but that wasn't a huge deal as the standard vacation plan is very generous (2 weeks to starts and 3 weeks after 1 year of service as well as 7 separate sick days).