Manpower Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Manpower Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Manpower (Frederick, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked over the phone to get the basics, and then went in to take assessments and have an in person interview. The assessments were just a review of Microsoft Office programs, relatively simple. The interview itself wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Everyone who I met in the office was friendly and welcoming. Overall positive experience!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Manpower

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Manpower (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and a recruiter who hires for internal staff reached out the next day. We scheduled a phone interview for the following day. So phone interview was on a Friday. Recruiter reached back out to me later on Friday and asked if I was able to come in for a face-to-face interview on Monday. Interviewed in person on Monday. Job offer extended on Tuesday.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Manpower (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

At first I didn't know it was for Manpower. I though it was for a position that manpower had. Best come with your collaboration experience and the need to move quickly on data mining.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$12 hr works

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manpower (Allentown, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

very fast and easy interview process. Went in met with staffing consultant one time and than I got the job. Ask you basic questions about your previous employers.Everyone was extremely nice and helpful there, they care about you and your interests and want the best for you. That is something you like to see people actually showing interest in you and not just the money thats involved for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manpower (Novato, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for a contract Talent Acquisition position. Two days later I received a phone interview. The recruiter was pleasant and very professional. She provided a good overview of the position, what they are looking for in a candidate, and next steps.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very straightforward and nothing difficult or unexpected. I was asked about current location, interest in contract position, about my employment gap, job duties with most recent employer as well as previous employers, availability, ability to work in the U.S., and if I would be willing and could pass a drug test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manpower (Portland, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview with branch manager and senior recruiter. They asked very basic questions about work history, interest in the position, career goals. It was a very comfortable experience. There weren't any questions that I felt were out of line with job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to juggle multiple priorities. How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Manpower (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2010.

Interview

Application process started with online application and resume reviewal. Then, I was asked to complete an online intelligence test and an online personality assessment. After receiving passing scores, a Corporate Recruiter contacted me and interviewed me over the phone. Then, I was set up to meet with my local manager face to face. Within 3-4 days, I was called by the local manager with a job offer. Lastly, I worked with the Corporate Recruiter on compliance documents, offer letter, and start details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but should have. I would recommend doing research on what your local market is paying for a Recruiter role and negotiate the salary.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Manpower (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2016.

Interview

This one was a treat as I was interviewed twice by two separate groups of people (both working for Manpower) at an interval of about two months of each other. First interview I had was with two ladies from the recruitment team (one was a team lead). It lasted 10 minutes, the feedback received was, as follows:
    1. I was overqualified for the role - again, I had a telephone screen interview before this onsite interview
    2. The role I was interviewed for was put on hold - the initial telephone conversation mentioned the role being approved for hiring purposes
    3. Personally, they thought that this was not the best career choice for me - talk about patronizing

After about a month and a half I received a call from (wait for it) the Operations Manager - Strategic Clients from Manpower asking me if I am interested in a Recruiter role...I explained what he should have known before contacting me. He followed up with an e--mail:

''Hi X. I hope you are well.

Again, apologies for contacting you after you had already been in interview for the role.

The team lead who conducted the interview is on annual leave this week – I will consult her on Monday and come back to you IF WE WOULD LIKE TO PROCEED''.....this says it all right here..

I received another email after about a week, then followed up by a phone call mentioning that they have a better suited role for me and they think I am the perfect for for it. I was told it's a recruiter role, no job description was given and the salary was far from what I was looking for. I foolishly agreed to meet with him as I am parenting alone, therefore saying no is not an option.
    The questioned asked were basic, mind numbing and scripted to the T, no human voice, no spark or intelligence whatsoever. I asked what was the layout of the team - all female. I asked if the company in Dublin ever hired single parents: NO...but we have someone who gave birth recently. What?!

The interview happened on a Thursday, I was told the feedback will be given the following day.
    I received a call the following week on Tuesday with the following feedback:
    1. I was not the right fit for the team, but my experience and knowledge were great
    2. They had an internal person whom they will offer the role to as they know the system and it's easier to hit the ground running as no training is needed!!!!!!!!!!!

I have yet to find a positive aspect of my experience with Manpower, it's the needle in the haystack situation.

Sorry Manpower, the people who work for you represent you as a firm, and by extension you have failed.

Interview Questions

• Tell of the systems you used in your previous role in recruitment. After I answered I also asked this question as I was interested in the system used in Manpower. It's an internal system we use. Ok, what's the name. Um...I actually don't know!!!!!!! Wow.
      Have you ever had conflict in the workplace? (Why ask open ended questions?)
      Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Manpower in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview was by phone. The recruiter in charge will go through your CV and ask related sales / recruitnent questions ...targets , sourcing, job portals , fees etc.

After pass the phone interview, the second interview will be a face to face interview with 2 managers. .. they will check if your profile match with the company.

If so ... they will invite you to sit beside an experienced recruiter and you will have some minutes to learn about 2 of the clients and available roles and you will have to source the right candidate and call some of them. Then ... they will check if you are suitable for the role.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manpower (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2013.

Interview

1 Prescreen
    4 Interview
    In overall I really did not find any difficulty expect that it took them soo long to tell me that I am not suitable. However, I really had to admit after 5 interviews with them and answering I lost the interest. But maybe my personality does not suit there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how would you source candidates ? Nothing to worry if you were already recruiter.   Answer Question