Mansfield Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2016

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked multiple questions on past experience and how I perceive myself. Afterward, I was taken on a tour to see the facility. Introductions took place after the tour with potential, future colleagues.

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil (Gainesville, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position and received an e-mail to set up a phone screen interview within a couple of days. I thought the phone interview went well and was told they would contact me by the end of the week to set up a testing appointment for various Microsoft Suite skills. I did not hear back from that point on. Followed up with a quick e-mail to the HR Generalist who did the phone screen and received no response.

Interview Questions

• Rate yourself on a scale from 1-10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest on your skill level with Excel Spreadsheets.   1 Answer

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil.

Interview

Shortly after applying, I received a call to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. Shortly after the phone interview, they asked me to come onsite to meet with the recruiter and the head of HR along with one other team member.

A day later (The entire interview process occurred over the span of one week) I received a call back to interview with the rest of the team (two people). I was told that I was one of two candidates who'd made the final cut.

I never heard back from the company after that, not even an email. I tried to call the recruiter twice over the next few weeks but her voicemail just kept saying that she was out of the office traveling.

After taking time off work twice in one week and being considered a final candidate, I would have expected some form of rejection notification but never even received a generic email.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of questions regarding software tools.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil.

Interview

The initial phone interview was pleasant and simple. The in-person interview was a very different experience. Perhaps this was a unique situation but one of my interviewers both belittled and cut me off during our question and answer session. I was then told that I should have given more detailed responses to the questions at hand. Difficult to do when given inadequate time to respond.

This individual had mentioned tensions in the workplace flaring earlier that day so I believe I must have been the unlucky recipient of some pent up aggression resulting from that situation. It may have been as simple as a difference in personality but came across as extremely unprofessional. If this is the representation that Mansfield would like to put out for their company then they will have difficulty staffing positions in the future. I was happy to decline their offer.

Interview Questions

• give as many real world examples as possible when responding to questions   Answer Question

I didn't feel that this would have been a positive working experience and that my talents would have been better appreciated elsewhere.

Mansfield Oil Response

Aug 25, 2015 – HR Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take the issues that you encountered during your interview experience very seriously. Glassdoor reviews are anonymous, but if you'd be willing ... More

Senior Desktop Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil.

Interview

I had 3 interviews over the phone and one face to face which they flew me in and put me up for 2 days. I really wanted the position but the pay was $19000 below national average for my experience and expertise.

Interview Questions

• How do you test if port 80 is open?
      What do you do if a power user can't open outlook?
      Answer Question

The pay was way below national average and I knew I would be putting in long hours. I would have been happy to do that if paid even close to average.

Mansfield Oil Response

May 18, 2015 – HR Recruiter

Typically, companies do not pay national average for salaries and instead, set the pay according to the local market. For this position, the pay was based on the Atlanta average for this type of ... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil.

Interview

The interview process was rather quick when I was contact. Submitted my application about a month before, got a call to set up interview the next week and got an offer 2 days after. The did a reference check and were impressed. I interviewed with 3 people in the operations department and it was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• The interview wasn't difficult but you should definitely know what you are talking about because they will ask in-depth questions and you'll have to speak to what you can do and what you've done   Answer Question

I ultimately wanted my career to go in another direction but I felt bad turning them down because they were so nice. If I decide to switch industries again I might look them up

Commercial and Industrial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil (Saint Paul, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

None it was forced because of acquisition. There was not a process at all for this job. I would believe there would be a process in place at this time. They have come along in that department.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil.

Interview

one person from HR, asked about prior experience and where i saw myself in 5 years

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Program/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mansfield Oil (Gainesville, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Recruiter wasn't well informed about the position and could not answer basic questions about the scope of responsibility.
    Set up a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and found that the job was not what the recruiter said it was. The hiring manager was 20 minutes late for our appointment and had not reviewed my resume prior to sitting down with me.

Interview Questions

• What position did you apply for?
      (The interviewing manager was obviously not prepared for the interview)
      1 Answer

Company seems very disorganized and lacking a long term vision for the IT department.