Manulife Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.9

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews with the common interview questions and 1 testing and face-to-face interview. Everyone was very nice, welcoming, and friendly.

For the face-to-face: They brought in a group of applicants and we did writing, math, and literacy assessments. Fairly simple and straightforwards if you could pass a first year Math/English college course and if you have a good command of the English language. You had to draft short professional responses to hypothetical customer scenarios/complaints/issues.

After that, each of us met with two people from management level who interviewed us.

Interview Questions

• As this is a client-facing position, they asked if I had any experience in customer service and to go in-depth about my experiences.   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and insight into your interview, we appreciate it!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was nice and easy, I had prepared for technical questions that was not asked, and overall a comfortable experience. I talked to the interviewer casually and we just chatted about recent events.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I was interested in doing so they could put me in a division I would enjoy working in   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience on your interview! We're happy to hear that you had a great experience with us, and congratulations on your accepted offer.

Senior Financial Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

phone interview after 2 rounds email transactions, it took about half an hour. HR reviewed my resume very carefully, and I picked a couple points to expend

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

Aug 7, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing a review. Candidate experience is important to us, so thank you for this valuable feedback.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Received request for phone interview
    3. Phone interview
    4. Received request for in-person interview
    5. In-person interview

Everyone I interacted with was very pleasant, from the HR coordinators to the hiring manager. However, please be advised that the process is very slow.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

May 16, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Transitions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was mostly informal telling me that my earnings potential was much hiring than reality. Now that I think back it was more of a pitch to have me join

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

May 8, 2017 – Campus Talent Acquisition & Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are constantly striving to improve and optimize the candidate experience and feedback from candidates can only help us... More

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife.

Interview

Waterloo Coop interview. No technical questions asked at all. All behavioral. I think they really appreciate a show of interest for their company, which I had and demonstrated. Grades are very important for their hiring process. I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

They didn't release salary and I had another opportunity that I liked more.

Mar 17, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for posting a review on your interview experience. As we strive towards a great candidate experience for all, your feedback is just what we need to ensure this happens consistently. And... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Manulife (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I met the Recruiting team for an interview and only a couple of questions were relevant to the position.
    The rest of the questions were either irrelevant or too personal.

I had heard bad things about their recruiting process but I wanted to give them a chance.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. We are sorry to hear your negative comments and are sharing these internally.

Disability Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

general review of previous employers and then sample case studies with written answers to be provided. usually 2 person panel. be prepared with examples of a good case resolution and a bad case situation. know that people can be at work with an illness ~ illness or heath concern does not suggest a complete disability from being at work.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of a file you managed that did not resolve as expected or any difficulty you may have had.   Answer Question

Actuarial Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Solid Interview, with good questions asked and the interviewers were really nice. They gave a good description of what Manulife is really about and also made me excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

Manulife Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing this review. We constantly strive for the best candidate experience, and we are happy to hear that’s what you received.

Finance & Accounting(Summer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Manulife (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was done in my school with one lady. It was very chill. I applied for the job in January and got an interview in February. Make sure you do a lot of research on the company and try to make a connection with the interviewer that was what helped me. I got a call for the job the day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • why do you know about Manulife and why did you choose Manulife   Answer Question
    • if you could change anything in your school what would it be?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult team member and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • what is an opportunity and challenge that is affecting the business industry today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase I just got called and told that the job would be from May 1 - August 31 and the pay $20/hr