Manulife Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Manulife Director Interview Questions

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

I interviewed direct manager and department head on the same day. First, I interviewed with direct manager. He read my CV and believed I fit into the role. We talked about my work experience and qualification. Then I interviewed with department head. We went through some general questions. The overall process took around 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Manulife

Director Interview

Interview

Responded to questions on Taleo. Interview process: HR, Hiring Manager, Panel Interview with peer group. Interviews were very honest about the company culture. Fit seemed to be as important as technical knowledge, experience and education. All interviewers presented a very accurate picture of what to expect. Overall, the process was smooth and relatively quick.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Typical behavioural question types.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable. I took the job nonetheless to get in the door as the future opportunities seemed promising.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

I did not have the desired background for the position, so I never made it past the initial phone screen, but I have to say that the recruiter I dealt with was, hands down, the most professional recruiter I have ever had the pleasure of talking to. The phone screen was thorough, logical and clearly laid out. Once the candidate pool had been narrowed down she called (not emailed) me to provide me with feedback and an explanation of why I hadn't been selected to move further along in the process. I was very impressed with her, and even though I wasn't selected by Manulife my experience left me with a very positive impression.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Manulife (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2009.

Interview

The HR interview was a basic behavioural interview which moved onto three more interviews with the hiring manager and other leaders, again behavioural type questions. There was a skills test as well as a personality test which took about an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary slightly. It can be difficult to negotiate salary and vacation time depending on your level.